Finally got my own shop

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mbira

I've been lurking on and off, but haven't really been active in a long time and just wanted to say hi!  Things have been super busy here.  About a year and a half ago, I opened a brick-and-mortar location for my African marimba school, and just a couple months ago, I took over the 1200 sq. ft warehouse space next door to that to finally have my own dedicated wood-working shop where I build the instruments.  It has been such a pleasure to finally have the space to really stretch out and have all my tools set up the way they need to be and not always having to pack tools back up and moving things in and out, etc.  Anyway, here's a couple pics (the shops not totally et up yet!!)
10684097_298588400332764_1454335756_n.jpg

oiling room:
10735025_327340097448431_1032955594_n.jpg

I have some space in front of the oiling room, and I think I'll have the room I need there to set up my electronics lab there. :)

Looks great, congrats!

but no sawdust.... you haven't started work yet or you are of the very clean type of person....

- Michael

Oh, sadly I'm choking on sawdust over here!  That pic was taken right before I finished four more marimbas.  I am trying to be a lot more cautious about dust though, and just got a Clear Vue 5hp cyclone.  Just taking a break right now demolishing the old shower that was in here to make a few more sq. ft of room before starting on running the ductwork for the dust collector...

If I was easier to work with, I'd have employees....they never seem to last though. I'm just pretty set in my ways and feel strongly that if I'm putting my name on something it has to be a certain standard, and unfortunately the people that I know that are able to do work to that standard just want to work for themselves...go figure! :)

Latest posts

Back