Gar 2520 question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wnlively

Hello everyone
I wonder if some one might offer some help with the recent Gar 2520 op amp I built
I purchased 2 from CAPI
Built them both and repllaced the 2 that I already had in a VC 528 . Well after some trouble shooting I found that one of the new GAR 2520 s has little or no out put. I have looked the build over and over and can't seem to find any errors as far as having a diode put in wrong or the wrong transistor in the wrong place. I have also compared it to a couple others I have and they look the same.

I have built several of the gar 2520 s as well as a few of the gar 1731 s
Any advice on how to trouble shoot the op amp?
Thanks for any help you can offer
Wnlively

I would just take a DMM and check every resistor on it and continue checking the rest of the components if there is something in a wrong place etc....to be honest DOA´s are usually that small so i wouldnt bother desoldering anything id just trash it and start over..... :'(

darkus said:
I would just take a DMM and check every resistor on it and continue checking the rest of the components if there is something in a wrong place etc....to be honest DOA´s are usually that small so i wouldnt bother desoldering anything id just trash it and start over..... :'(

A-B them to a known working one.

GARY

Latest posts

Back