SSL Clone Volume difference help

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdoncouse

I took on looking at a friends Ssl clone in hopes to figure out what him and his buddy did wrong during putting it together. The one thing that's happening is the right side vca only sometimes cuts on and when i push down on that area of the board it will cut in and out. I'm sure it just needs some resoldering work done to that = easy and I can figure that out. The other issue that i'm not 100% on is when the compression does work and we took a look at it the Left chain is noticeably lower than the right chain when the compression does work they both do drop down at the same time but the volume for the right side is higher than the left and i'm wondering what could be the issue there. Thanks in advance

I had a problem with my first one, it had a 1.5db difference in one channel since that I measure every resistor for each channel to be matched. my problem was in the diferencial input if I remember correctly. 

Back