Anyone Successful with Recreating V76, V77, V78, or a V276, V376, V476, V676

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitardick

GDIY Supporter
Hi,  I am very interested in a few German, English, and American preamps.  I'll help with the machine work and maybe even buying the parts, if you help with the design and electronics end.  I have tools for machining, and access to power coating and CNC to make a very professional end result.  I live in the California, Bay Area.

Also, I was just offered access to manufacturing and part sourcing in the US, Germany, and China, from a very successful manufacturer.  It could be the makings of a really cool group buy, if this interests you!

Tube: V72, V76, V77, or V78

Solidstate:  V672, V276, V376, V476 and V676,

Also interested in the following list:

Trident A Range
RCA OP-6,
RCA BA-6A,
Western Electric,
Altec Lansing 458,
Electrodyne 201

Otari
Langevin AM-16,
Hardy M1,
Electrodyne M100,
Mitsubishi Quad-Eight

I am also interested in THAT1510 as well
While I love the API sound, if I want one, I will probably just buy a CAPI, they offer really affordable prices.

For most of those there are plenty of them out there already without anyone making clones, which will certainly sounds somewhat different at best. 

I started the V476 ind GDIY51X format a while ago.
Nearly finished the PCB design.

However, the transformers are not available anymore.
I talked to Haufe without success.
(some machines are broken / missing, some material isn't available anymore, some material isn't allowed anymore).

And looking at the sales of my other Neumann "clones" (OV560 / PMV70X) it doesn't make sense to spend more time and money in it. I have a few originals, so who cares.

To answer all of the questions,
Which ones have I used?
1.  I have very limited experience with all listed, but I have heard a few of them in action and sang into a few, but I do not remember which I sang into.  If I am remembering correctly from listening, my favorites are the V76, V78 and the V376 and V476.     

Where do I live?
2. I live in the Bay Area in California.

Who is the manufacturer?
3.  Sorry, at present I do not have any contract with the manufacturer I referred to, and since I do not have their permission to give out their information, I do not feel comfortable disclosing it at present.  I do apologize for this.  I wish I could, but I do not want to burn a bridge that I have just built.  I am a nobody who got lucky.  I had the guts to offer the individual lunch and after, I was offered what seems to me, as a rare opportunity for a nobody.  I want to take advantage of this, and share it with a community that shares everything.

Back