DDA Q series estimate? How much is this thing worth?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berkleystudios

Hi everyone,

I gained a 16 channel DDA Q series console earlier this year that was not function. I got it up and running some months ago, completely rewiring, undoing bad mods from a previous owner, and re calibrated the power supply.

It's sounds fantastic, is fully function, and is used in my studio daily as my main console. It's actually in terrific shape and was well taken care of through the years. 

However, I am taking my studio in a different direction  and may consider selling it soon.

I never really see these boards on the market. How much are they worth? 

It's a 16 channel DDA Q series with the Q-Mute input modules, 4 stereo PA out-put modules, master module, an aux module, FB module

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 60
They're not as much worth, as what they're worth....

DDA is a very, very underestimated brand these days.

I don't know what the prices will be in the US, but in Europe this would fetch somewhere between 400 and 1200 euro, depending how well your sale skills are. Maybe, if you're a very good seller, you can get more...... Obviously, you'd have to point out a bit of the history of Dearden and Davies, the link to Midas and Audient, that this is a serious piece of machinery, etc,etc. Also, search for some well known recordings that have been made with a Q, and mention that. You'd have to point out this is what the potential buyer needs to have for his studio, and that this is not just a minor upgrade from whatever he currently has, this is the real deal in the range of ........ (fill in the top A brands).

I haven't worked with a Q series, but I always compare my M (S) series with the early Soundcraft consoles : musical british EQ, but with a crisp sound. Not as muddy as the Soundcrafts, not as aggressive as the Focusrite stuff.

To be honest : you'd better keep it yourself.

helterbelter said:
They're not as much worth, as what they're worth....

DDA is a very, very underestimated brand these days.

I don't know what the prices will be in the US, but in Europe this would fetch somewhere between 400 and 1200 euro, depending how well your sale skills are. Maybe, if you're a very good seller, you can get more...... Obviously, you'd have to point out a bit of the history of Dearden and Davies, the link to Midas and Audient, that this is a serious piece of machinery, etc,etc. Also, search for some well known recordings that have been made with a Q, and mention that. You'd have to point out this is what the potential buyer needs to have for his studio, and that this is not just a minor upgrade from whatever he currently has, this is the real deal in the range of ........ (fill in the top A brands).

I haven't worked with a Q series, but I always compare my M (S) series with the early Soundcraft consoles : musical british EQ, but with a crisp sound. Not as muddy as the Soundcrafts, not as aggressive as the Focusrite stuff.

To be honest : you'd better keep it yourself.

I think you're right, I think ill regret it if I let it go.

Tell me does your M series have transformers on the inputs? I see that the Q series had the option for them in the schematics but sadly mine did not come with them. would you happen to know what they are? or a suitable replacement?

www.ddaconsoles.com/pdf/schematics/q-series-schematics.pdf
Thanks
Adam

I have an S Series that I recently refurbished and wrote about here:
http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=53911.0
    David Dearden was nice enough to chime in and I would suggest that the transformer for the Q Series is the same Neutrik NTM1 that he says is the one for the S Series desks, though I'm not certain.
  Mine is a pleasure to use, and I would agree with what helterbelter says. Hang on to it for a while longer. Unfortunately, mixing desks are worth a fraction of what they used to be, but these are sonically good, and easy to work on.

Latest posts

Back