Balanced Stereo Analog Switched Attenuator

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tempest

Hey all,

So I'm an ITB (in the box) mixer and I've recently started incorporating analog gear to my stereo bus. I really want to be able to mix in the box and keep my levels hotter and be able to affect how hard my bus chain is being hit without lowering the master bus digitally. Does anyone know the best way to do this using a passive circuit? I really just want to put a switch on a 1 unit rack space unit and be able to drop up to a maximum 10DB.

I've actually done some searches, but haven't been able to piece together how to do this. I want to use the highest quality switch available.

Thanks guys!

You could use a gold point attenuator or a pad. Am searching for a Dim pad if anybody can help me.

Edit: mine is for a monitor controller.

Am going to stick a H-pad before the output and after the attenuator?

http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=26433.0

Capture_zps2f3655e4.jpg

Why on earth do you want to keep levels hot in the box?  making things loud should be the very last step, up until that point nothing good comes from running things hot internally.

> Why on earth do you want to keep levels hot in the box?

If you are working on a 12-bit system, you "need" to keep that top bit diddling or you drown in quantization noise and rounding error.

If you paid for 32-bit math, same thing, right?

BTW, 10dB is just over 1-1/2 bits.

Latest posts

Back