Is that it now ? Is this the final look for Group DIY ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barclaycon

This is how to going to be from now on ?

Just optimized for tablets.

Isn't it possible to have plugin so that ordinary computers see the site as it was before but tablets and phones see it like this ?
At the moment it's just hard work to see anything.

It just looks and feels like a lessor site , devo , I'd say.
still annoying to use but I'll take this as a sign, time to start moving on,
Chasing the kids ?

It's been awhile so I can't say that going back to the older version would be better in every way, may notice
the improvements like that, but some color and a solid font are the first things that would make this new version
less irritating 

To me the issue really boils down to separation between chunks of content (different posts in a thread is the big one.) The template is all so light colored that it is hard to see boundary. Maybe a simple tweak of border CSS would do the trick?

I've held my tongue about this for a while.  While at first I didn't like the change, I've found I can tolerate most of it.  But the waste of screen space is pretty irritating.  The biggest waste is in the horizontal width that the new format will display.  I have an HD monitor (1920x1080) like most people use these days.  Nothing fancy.  But this forum only uses about half of the available window width in the browser.  This causes me to have to scroll vertically all of the time to read even short posts.

When someone posts a big juicy image of some transformer deconstruction or a massive DIY project closeup I have to scroll around like it's 1995 again.  I mean, really, I can't even remember the last time I had a monitor with only 1k pixels of horizontal resolution.  It was more than 10 years ago.  I'd just like to be able to use the resolution that is available and not wear out my mouse hand.

Here's what I see on my monitor using Firefox:

1252-291114001723.jpeg

Note the huge white dead space on either side of the forum.  Is there something that can be done to fix this?

This is still one of the best places on the web and I'm glad its still around after so long.  Thanks for keeping it going, Ethan.

A P

It would be nice to be able to choose the old look. Despite there being so much space I have to click around twice to read my messages, it doesn't make any sense.

Latest posts

Back