Shallow 19" racks

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Che_Guitarra

I want to re-house a power supply I have hidden around the back of my outboard rig.  Preferably mounted to the rear rack ears in a 1RU 19" enclosure... it's a PITA squeezing behind the rack and fishing for the power button, relocating or repositioning the box every time it moves.

Full-sized enclosures are easy enough to find, but ideally  I only want a case 100mm deep.  Lean and mean.

Any ideas where I can try?

I've used small utility box (ex. hammond) for psu and bolted it down to the rack case wall. Its a bit difficult to find small enough 19" cases for this use since it is 19" already  8)

Another option would be to reuse some old 19" box (behringer).

Check out your local classifieds for an old 1u network switch. I always keep the dead ones from work just for re-purposing the case. If you weren't so far away I would just send you one.

Good luck.

The current power supply enclosure was the best of a bad bunch - a will have to do for now option so I could use my 1084 clones straight away.  But it's too flimsy to mount, and the lid is bulging by a mm or two in accommodation of the toroidal trafo.  It suffices, but my personal standards demand a higher quality solution.

I could use a Hammond 1550G enclosure, but I can't find them (or an equivalent) locally.  And should I buy online it'll cost $60-ish to get to my doorstep... I figure a shallow rackmount enclosure will cost roughly the same, and it would be my preferred mounting option.

I thought they'd be available in some corner of the world, but my searching is coming up empty.

Latest posts

Back