Hairball/Mnats Rev A: Attack Time control not working

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creba

I just finished building the Hairball/Mnats Rev A kit. I got it calibrated and signal is passing, but the attack pot does not appear to be doing anything, although it does turn the Gain Reduction off in the OFF position. Other than that, it does not appear to control the attack time at all. It appears to just have a fast attack time. The release time works fine and I checked the wiring and everything looks correct to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attack goes from fast to faster on these beasts, so first thing to do is to check if you're just not hearing it. As a minimum, you should be able to influence the behavior of the meter with the attack time (remember to calibrate first).

Hope that helps you get started...

Gustav

Thanks Gustav. Yes, I know the normal behavior for these units, but when I move the attack potentiometer the meter does not move at all. I have calibrated the unit properly, but I can't seem to figure out the issue.

Latest posts

Back