Univerb Unicord repair

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stitch-o

Hello forum!

I have an old univerb unicord reverb unit here I'm looking at.

photo.jpg

Any chance anyone has a schematic or manual handy?

Cheers!

-s

Ok..... now this is a transformer made by a company called "American Transformer" in ~ September 1967.  The Power Rating is about 5 W (VA).  Pin 1 + 2 appears to be the primary winding and 5 +7 the secondary.  The unit appears to be not a japanese production, instead it appears to be made in the usa.

Beside the transformer is a pcb which is mounted with 4 screws.  If you unscrew them and take some nice pictures of the pcb including one from the solder side, there is a good chance that the schematic will be traced which would allow conclusions about the voltage needed.

The huge 35V cap suggests the thing could live with 24V.

That could be 18V AC through a bridge to the big cap. Or it could be 24V AC, bridge, new 50V cap, 24V regulator, to the old cap.

PRR said:
The huge 35V cap suggests the thing could live with 24V.

That could be 18V AC through a bridge to the big cap. Or it could be 24V AC, bridge, new 50V cap, 24V regulator, to the old cap.
I was able to futz with pin 1 of the primary (I think the winding had pulled) and have it spit out VAC for a few minutes:
25VAC secondaries FWIW. 

Thanks for the eyes, forum!
-s

Back