Studer 69, have you seen it ever?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ungifted

I've got some Studer 69 schematics (posted mic pre at tech docs http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=44836.msg739347#msg739347). Web says it's "first portable mixer". E80CC Tubes, 1957.
Have anyone seen it alive?

Thank you!
E80CC is a good tube. I think of making one if I have some time. :)
Tube Studer. v72 killer. :)))))

Hey

Studer fan here... but mostly the 70' series desk (x89).
There is on 69 for sale last summer, I don't jump on it, maybe I made a mistake...
On of the reason is the lack of schematic, but you have some!

I have about no knowledge for tub stuff, but I'm confident this design is good if not great, as always at Studer.
It deserve a try !!!
So go on ;)

best
Zam

Very interesting!

Is there any more schematics from this system?

I've never seen any of this at Studer's (otherwise very good) service download site ftp.studer.ch

Jakob E.

Hi, Jakob

Yes I have more info. I think I will collect scans into pdf and give a link. I need some time...

gyraf said:
Very interesting!

Is there any more schematics from this system?

I've never seen any of this at Studer's (otherwise very good) service download site ftp.studer.ch

Jakob E.

interested too !!!
I look time ago, hope to find them at studer ftp...there is some 069 but it's not the 69 :(

ungifted said:
Yes I have more info. I think I will collect scans into pdf and give a link. I need some time...
man this will(i) be great !!!
do you also have bus/routing layout and block diagram?
best
zam

Yes I think there's all needed info, including total mixer routing diagram. I will let you know, stay tuned.

I think I will add missing modules and PSU in a couple of days, need some time to rescan and combine in photoshop...

Hi All,

Thank you so much for these, I have been after them for almost a year!

I have a beautiful example of the Studer 69, complete with it's local monitor speaker and PSU.

It has me confused as to the routing and layout (no gain adjustments on each channel), and 3 different input channel types.

Now myself and my tech should be able to figure the beast out and have it up and running in no time.

Best Regards, and thanks again.

Hey Blivetaudio, welcome to the board!
If you happen to have this Studer 69, would you be as kind as to take many pictures of the inside, so we all could see all the details of the construction? Would be much appreciated! That way we not only gonna have the schematic, but also see how exactly it's built, which specific parts are used, etc. which is equally, if not more, important as the schematic.

Hi again all,

... and thanks for the welcome.

Yes, it was the one for sale last year in Switzerland. I imported it to the UK at great cost, and risk, as I too had no schematics.

(I do now thanks to you).

I'll be more than happy to post plenty of images, and also intend to have a section on my studio site dedicated to each piece I own (quite a collection these days).. so will have schematics, pictures and review up on there. Just not yet due to time.

The console is due to go to my very good tech this week, along with the schematics, to be tested and refurbished if needed, before I power it up and destroy the poor thing.

I must say, it looks to be in fantastic condition, and appears to have original everything (I opened it up and took a real good look around the day it arrived. So heavy, so full of transformers and metal work.

I'll be sure to keep you all posted, but in the meantime, if there is anything you need a shot of urgently, please do let me know... I just hope posting images is easier than completing the 4-stage verification needed to post on this forum!

Kind Regards.

Hi All,

Just to keep you updated, my Studer 69 is now with my tech who has been excitedly running it through it's paces.

The desk is currently running off a bench supply, whilst the Speaker/PSU unit awaits the delivery of a fresh set of caps. Apparently it's suffered a little damp and many of the connectors are in need of a little cleaning.

Mic input 1 has passed audio, and delivery 98dB of gain to a 150 ohm mic, I have also seen frequency plots for all EQ settings which look very promising.

However, the other two mic amps are proving tougher to play, and there is an unhealthy amount of HF oscillation going on, so although the desk looks perfect, it is going to take a full recap and some work to get it up to scratch.

Saying that, some of the modules are stamped as '59 in production, making it over 55 yrs old. The above to be expected.

My tech has faith in an eventual full restoration, and I have requested that no modifications take place. I will be making the 4mm banana fly-leads up when I get back in a couple of weeks, and hopefully taking delivery not long after that.

I'm really happy to hear the Amphenol connectors are intact pre-fade outputs capable of driving levels to tape and DAW too.

Once back in my possession, I will strip the whole thing, clean it to as new, and photograph every section for you.

In the meantime, wish us luck!

PS: If you have any further Schematics, they will be more than appreciated.

Thank you kindly.

Latest posts

Back