Sound Test: Beesneez CK12 and Heiserman HK12 in Matador/Chunger C12 build

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MicGeek

:)

Keep 'em comin', folks.

Very interesting.

I really like the BeesNeez on this voice. Somehow it's not as airy as I'd expected from a CK12 capsule, but it's so full an creamy.  :p

The Heiserman sounds thinner here and zooms in on the slight "hoarseness" (not meant in a bad way) or grit in the voice.  The vocal folds don't close completely, especially on the spoken voice. The HK12 highlights that.

You can hear more room ambience in the HK capsule. I'm assuming the room, mic position and polar pattern settings were exactly the same or was something slightly different?

Nyquist said:
You can hear more room ambience in the HK capsule. I'm assuming the room, mic position and polar pattern settings were exactly the same or was something slightly different?

Everything was exactly the same.  In fact, if you look at the picture associated with the Soundcloud files, you can see that I also used an acoustic shield as well.

Hey Mic Geek,
Thanks for putting these up!
I was wondering if you could make the files downloadable as I'm finding the difference in levels a bit distracting.
Cheers
Mark

It sounds to me like the main difference is the sensitivity or "reach."

Once you get within 6" of the HK12, it sounds quite full and nice, whereas it seems a little anemic from farther away.

The BN CK12 on the other hand sounds better at 12" away, but begins to get a little muddy and "flabby" when you get within 6" (more proximity effect).

They both sound good. If I had to make a decision based solely on these samples, I would pick the HK12 for close micing/vocals and the BN CK12 for room/instruments/distant micing.

Ben, dude you are talented guy for sure, those acoustic shields sound like doo doo(yes i said doo doo), improve the sound of those mics exponentially with every foot farther you throw that thing away from them 8) seriously.

tonycamp said:
Ben, dude you are talented guy for sure, those acoustic shields sound like doo doo(yes i said doo doo), improve the sound of those mics exponentially with every foot farther you throw that thing away from them 8) seriously.

Ya know, you're right. lol.  The alternative was a room that was too live for mic testing.  I recently bought some brackets to hang bass traps on mic stands.  Those should sound much better.

Latest posts

Back