• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for a person to design and build monitor mixer.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olegarich

GDIY Supporter
Dear Friends,

I'm looking for a person who would like to build something like this:
Crest X18RM Monitor mixer

I think it should be 16 Mic and 3 stereo inputs with output  to FOH. +48V Phantom.  Aux sends.
I know all the functions we need, so if somebody are interested in designing stuff and want to make some cash, please give me mail to

[email protected]

Hi Oleg,

I e-mailed but perhaps I should ask the same question here. Why would you not use an off the shelf product?  I can't see how anybody can make something like that Crest even for that sort of money.

Hey, i replied to mail but probably I'm gonna say here for future questions.
It doesn't have to be exactly like crest, there are lot features we don't need. Like eq and section on the right with faders. We don't need phones out and lot of other stuff. Our version is simplier.
There have to be input with straight output to FOH and then 6 auxes. Near each aux there should be pan knob, that would send track to let say aux 1, 40% right.  Auxes stereo outputs (600ohm imp.)  that will be plugged to in ear systems or heaphones amplifiers, that's it.
Besides that we don't need amazing sounding mic amps or make ultra quite buffers, it can be done on TL072 and similar. Actually i think there is even no need to build power supply from scratch, might be taken couple supplies and plugged as + -, and one for 48V phantom.

The guys that were Crest become APB Dynasonics, highly rated analog boards . Find one of their Pro Rack Monitor boards and you will be forever satisfied.
FWIW, I currently own their Pro Rack House board and their Pro Desk 832. IMHO, they are highly underrated and great value.

Latest posts

Back