Neumann Km84 Body Repair

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have a brass instrument repair shop nearby? They get dents out of trumpets and the like all day long, so a thin brass mic body tube should be a piece of cake.

Dave (shaggy)

Brilliant, thanks for the tip! I didn't think of that.  I will have to see what I can find in town. 

As Dave says, a brass repairer is the person you need. I have friends who do this work & they have tools that are basically large ball bearings welded on to T bars.  They have various different sizes I think that fit different diameter tubes, which they push down the tube with the ding, and it pushes it out from the inside.  Some of the T bars are curved to allow them to get round bends.  I think they perhaps have to do some work after this to remove slight creases that would still be there.

Rob Flinn said:
As Dave says, a brass repairer is the person you need. I have friends who do this work & they have tools that are basically large ball bearings welded on to T bars.  They have various different sizes I think that fit different diameter tubes, which they push down the tube with the ding, and it pushes it out from the inside.  Some of the T bars are curved to allow them to get round bends.  I think they perhaps have to do some work after this to remove slight creases that would still be there.

Great info, thanks Rob!

Latest posts

Back