Generic mic pcb (feeler-ish)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krumlee

I'm currently contemplating a KM84 style build. It would be really useful to have a generic mic pcb - probably taper-shaped with patterns of 2 or 3 holes joined by copper strips.

Looking through the threads I see that Matador designed just the thing (his version is better than what I had in mind)
http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=46109.msg605023#msg605023 [and a different version further down the thread]

These would make mic experimenting so much easier.

So:
1) Anyone else interested in these? Please post support and interest.
2) Can we persuade someone to do a run?

Unfortunately I don't have pcb design/production experience, or I'd be tempted to do it myself. I'm hoping that enough interest will act as a catalyst for Dany/Matador or someone else to leap in to action...

Looks like the upgrade swallowed my answer here.

I did three such boards in several formats:  one for the SYT-5, another for the HT11A, and a third for the smaller "Aurcyle" body.  I never pursued it further (other than my own experimentation) as there was very little interest in them initially.

Hi Matador - I'm definitely interested. What would be the minimum number per type required for a run? Any idea of price for say 20 boards?

Dave (shaggy)

Hi Matador - thanks for the reply - appreciated. The server migration zapped my follow-up reply too!

I only saw one of your designs, and that was only by accident because I was searching for KM84 stuff. I was hoping that a top level thread would bring the idea to a wider audience.

For me, the pcb is always the stumbling block with these projects. Even with neat soldering my perfboard and stripboard experiments always end up being messy. And I don't fancy the kitchen sink etching route these days. I know the pcb proto/pooling services are another option now - but I don't underestimate the skill involved in pcb design. I can't be the only one looking for a more convenient way of doing things.

It'll be interesting to hear others' thoughts and ideas...

Back