Looking For Someone To make D-U67 Professional Build guide ,

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poctop

White Market Member
Title Says it all,
Send me PM at dbdw at videotron dot ca
if interested,

Best,
Dan,

What's wrong with the guide you made? I never thought I could do it, but using your guide, plus the posts, et voila! Best mic I own.

Phrazemaster said:
What's wrong with the guide you made? I never thought I could do it, but using your guide, plus the posts, et voila! Best mic I own.

I just would like something professionals to show the world why i spent several month to make sure this build is actually really easy to do, in fact the only wiring you need to have on this one are the switch (Low Cut) (Pad) (Pattern) and the capsule,  I had also in mind when doing this one that it would be possible to use several transformer bv12 type, My biggest realisation is to have made this design and the SYT5 fit an AMI T67 transformer all in the same shell. That is the exact reason why i did not copy the original layout + any parts can be access with a meter probe and it was much more challenging that copying an already made design , I even included the original broadcast filter (5 X 2000pf Caps) from the 70 like in the original Microphone.  ;)

if I can get a Nice pro Build guide , i am certain that people will realize the amount of work i have put in this one to make it happen the way  happens  ;)

Thanks Mike,
Best,
Dan

Thanks for clarifying. I must say, yet again, your D67 that I built is honestly the most awesome microphone I ever built! And although the pictures of the high Z section looked intimidating, by taking "one step at a time" it came together.

I hope a pro DIY guy/gal and photographer steps up!

Best,

Mike

maq3396 said:
Chunger....where are you?

Chunger is Super Busy with other project at this time.
I have found a person at this point, 
Thanks for contacting me all,
Hoping this will be a great build.
Best,
Dan,

Dany, I think your guide is easy enough to follow but I tend to take my time and enjoy crossing all my T's, dot'ing all my I's, and connecting all my dots between schematic, PCB, and your photo guide.

On the other hand this one is a little more complex especially with connectivity in the floating section.

Well worth the time and effort!

Cheers,
jb

I "like" your post JB.

Anything worth doing, is worth doing well! I guess everyone has their own style; mine is I love to research every dot and tittle and understand everything as much as possible. It could take me months just to get the parts because I obsess over them and think about all kinds of things with the build. In fact for me more than half the fun is the research/preparation!

In any case, I think a "professional build" for the D67 would be awesome too. But I must say sometimes the challenge of figuring things out in the absence of totally perfect instructions also has a lot of value!

Latest posts

Back