Donnie D builds Drip UE-100

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool Stuff Donnie.
Let me know how it sounds, and most importantly if you hear any noise floor. Also if you need to calibrate it, what's the best way to do it?
Cheers

Wow that is an impressive build, really curious of the performance of this beast, really looking forward to see some measurements and hopefully some audio samples of this beast.

Yeah, can´t wait to hear it too!

I´m finishing my tour, then will go back to the studio and do some tests! Will let you guys know!

Please post some samples!!!  I would love to hear this thing and get some feedback from you two.

IMG_8359 by Donnie Darko, on Flickr

Somehow always forgot to "finish" up to this.

Unit is working fine and integrated into our mastering rack.

Fans are dead quiet, heat is acceptable.

Not really happy with the AMP Board, it´s also not true to the original schematic I think.

Greg told me he would send me a replacement PCB with the original design, but that was some months ago and haven´t heard from him since. Maybe it will arrive eventually.

DonnieDarko said:
IMG_8359 by Donnie Darko, on Flickr

Somehow always forgot to "finish" up to this.

Hi Donnie D,

what exactly is the issue You mentioned with Gregs Preamp? I am building my presently and I am very curious to that !!

Thanks, Bernd

Unit is working fine and integrated into our mastering rack.

Fans are dead quiet, heat is acceptable.

Not really happy with the AMP Board, it´s also not true to the original schematic I think.

Greg told me he would send me a replacement PCB with the original design, but that was some months ago and haven´t heard from him since. Maybe it will arrive eventually.

DonnieDarko said:
The AMP Board has way to much gain, it´s clipping very easy.

That's why I added a Bourne 600ohm T attenuator on my inputs. Problem solved, no more distortion! 8)

Latest posts

Back