Logic Pro 9 and X, tips, tricks, help, etc.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deepdark

The title say it all  8)

Because I found this community awesome and really friendly, I think it should be the best place to start such a thread.

Feel free to post some of your tracks, too. :)

So here it is:

I recently speak about the native compressor and it's saturation/clip features, although it's different type of compressor algorythme (opto, fet, etc). But I recently try something else to spiced-up my tracks and would like to share it with you.

Bit crusher: This little plug is really useful to dirt your tracks a little, giving them some nice distortion and addig warm to, for exemple, a vocal track. I tried it on snare and it works flawlessly. It could be used as a clipper, too. 

Overdrive: I came through this one just a few days before. I was searching a way to cut a sax track through some death metal stuff (yup, you read it right, sax and death metal  :eek:). There is some really usefull preset imitating tube overdrive that are simply amazing. With some tweak to fit your track, it can give you that analog feel we're all after.

Tape delay: Did you know we could use it as a tape saturator? Simply by set dealy to 0ms, un-sync the plugin, set the feedback to o, dry to 0 and wet to 100% and finally, adjusting the saturation distortion level(viewable by clicking the little triangle found in the bottom left corner). That's it

So, before spending hundreds of $$$ in analgog reproduction plugins, just give a try to those native plugins. I mix some pro records in rock and metal area with great results using them.

Back