ADR DI Box

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With low-power OpAmps a 12 V. zener will create a safe situation anyway.
As I wrote earlier, take care of the correct position of the zener, if you put it the wrong way round, you will get a supply voltage of 0.7 V. instead of 12 V!

The Output says Line output,
so it seems that this DI box converts an instrument signal to balanced line level and not to balanced Microphone level.

So you would connect its output to a line input, which is fine you can spare a mic pre and go straight to your recorder,

What is strange for me is powering it from phantom power, because line inputs dont have Phantom Power for obvious reasons, only mic inputs.
So if you connect the output of the DI properly, in this case to a Line input, you will have no phantom power.

Can someone please shed some light into this or am Im missing something?

Otherwise to connect it to a Mic input you will need an 40dbs PAD aprox, but that would not make much sense, to have a DI with line output and then having to PAD it down to mic level.

Instrument levels are usually not 'line level', but something between microphone level and 'line level'.
But you may need some attenuation when using a microphone input.

RuudNL said:
Instrument levels are usually not 'line level', but something between microphone level and 'line level'.
But you may need some attenuation when using a microphone input.

Im sorry, I really don't think you understood my post.

Back