Cannon DL connector parts supplier

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Roth

Related to my post ew. the crimper, I have been looking around to see who stocks the parts I'll be needing (60 position plugs and receptacles, pins, back shells, etc).  My Usual Suspects (Mouser, Digikey, etc) don't stock them.  I do see some stock at Redco, which is an obvious possibility.

Just curious if anyone here knows of other supply houses.  Thanks!

Bri

I have bought DL parts from Farnell in Switzerland - maybe try Newark where you are. They were all hellish expensive.
Also have a good crimp and removal tool if you really get stuck - PM me.
zeke.

Redco, and they are not old and dusty.

As for pin removal, the old paper clip method is, well, old.  Paper clips sold today are made from a smaller gauge wire, so you need old school, pre 1995 or so paper clips to do the job.  Estate sales and old offices are my source now, as Dad's desk drawer is long gone. . .  Another tool I kinda like is the small driver in a five piece jewelers driver set with the tip filed slightly rounded.
You want to push the pin into the connector before inserting your tool of choice.

Mike

Thanks folks...I'll tell my friend/client to "bend over for the pricing" and we'll get the stuff from Redco.  Egads...no wonder a "Studio Install" for an SSL desk is so expensive...LOL!  I never had to mess with DL connectors after all these decades in the biz...but also never had to do an SSL install.

And I used to think that EDAC/Elco stuff was pricey...........

Bri

Back