First project?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Planescaper

Hello, first of all an introduction of sorts... So I've had this idea of building my own microphone for awhile and have read about it here and there and came upon this board which seems to be really nice & active, but dear lord the catchpa is insane though I feel like I could be legally blind...

So the question or request rather is for suggestions on a first DIY microphone build. As far as similar experience goes it's pretty much a 0. The only DIY thing I've done in my life so far is construction, wood work & restoration... Trying to decide this on my own is a bit intimidating, so many options so many websites and so much jargon I can't really understand.

Another thing is I live in Europe so that somewhat limits what I can order from where.

I have no preference for the type of microphone, don't fear the soldering iron and I do have a budget I'd like to stick to ideally not going above 200-250$

So if anyone has any suggestions, good links, any kind of good reading material for a complete aspiring beginner DIYselfer please post them!

I don't know the type of microphone you are looking for, but how about something like this?
It is almost like 'painting by numbers'!
The advantage of a complete kit is that you have all the components you need, without searching.
Many people already have built this microphone with success.

Hey guys and thanks for the replies!

I'll check those links out in detail later on tonight.

As for location I'm in Eastern Europe specifically Estonia, and I know from past experience regarding my other hobbies, drinking scotch & some sports that ordering stuff from overseas can be a hassle or impossible or come with ridiculous fees attached.

Back