4 ch manley

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kambo

http://www.soundonsound.com/news?NewsID=18104

not that i am fun of any manley gear, this 4 ch  is for 2500USD

I doubt they nicked anything.  They made the manly core last year which was a mic pre, eq, compressor in a box designed by Dave collins.  It was a less expensive version of the vox box. From there they took the mic pre and made a four channel unit which is what was posted above.

ruffrecords said:
Looks like someone has nicked my 'Classic' design  ;) I would love to see inside and also get hold of a schematic.

I can absolutely guarantee you they haven't.

I'll have a pre-production unit next week for listening tests and based on my experience with the Core I expect it to be excellent.

I am sure they have nicked nothing - you did notice the smiley didn't you? I just looked at the core manual and I see the whole thing only has two tubes in it - coincidentally a 12AX7WA and a 6922, exactly the two tubes I use in the Eurochannel. My classic  design does not use a 12AX7.

I have the greatest respect for David Manley. I only got to know him personally shortly before his untimely death. We were exploring ways of working together. I would not wish to impugn his memory in any way.

Cheers

Ian

I think most of the  David Manley designs were not very  " original "
put your own spin on component values of proven designs , there's not  allot of  " novel "
New tube circuits these days,  so look for a synonym of nicked . more so  you have to come up with
something marketable, concept, idea, configuration , something new to sell , not necessarily the circuit.
many of their products use the same tube output stage, but it maybe give more credibility and advertising
for you Ian ,

I know you were just joking around Ian, just being clear for others here.  Internet rumors start like that.

I never knew David Manley but I think it's safe to say that bar a starting point and a name the Manley of today is almost entirely EveAnna's work.  She's built a remarkable facility and brand, the factory tour is a lot of fun.

ruffrecords said:
I have the greatest respect for David Manley. I only got to know him personally shortly before his untimely death. We were exploring ways of working together. I would not wish to impugn his memory in any way.

Obviously David isn't involved with this ... it's Dave Collins, a swell gentleman indeed.

-a

Latest posts

Back