Faders

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damianschwartz

Hi here guys, i was thinking about purchasing 16 faders plus the rack case for my Summing rig, but the price is really high  :-\
So i was thinking on doing it myself, a friend of mine is tearing a DDA apart which has some nice P&G's i can have the metalwork for the rack done at another friend place. Tonelux faders connect to the modules by 1/4" TRS using tip send ring return, would i need anything appart from attaching a 1/4" connector to each fader? it seems pretty simple but i just can't understand why they're so expensive then....

damianschwartz said:
Tonelux faders connect to the modules by a Balanced 1/4" using tip send ring return, would i need anything appart from attaching a 1/4" connector to each fader?
  [Splitting hairs] A 1/4" jack is balanced only if the connection attached to it is balanced. Some call them stereo, but they are stereo only if they carry a pair of left & right signals.
Since the connection there is a dual unbalanced one, I would just use the more appropriate TRS monicker.  [/Splitting hairs]

Thx, already corrected it and you're right, English is not my native language and I wasn't sure about how to say.
It'd be great if anyone can chime on it, been looking at schematics and reading, but I'd appreciate some help.

Thx!

abbey road d enfer said:
damianschwartz said:
Tonelux faders connect to the modules by a Balanced 1/4" using tip send ring return, would i need anything appart from attaching a 1/4" connector to each fader?
  [Splitting hairs] A 1/4" jack is balanced only if the connection attached to it is balanced. Some call them stereo, but they are stereo only if they carry a pair of left & right signals.
Since the connection there is a dual unbalanced one, I would just use the more appropriate TRS monicker.  [/Splitting hairs]

The tonelux connections are there  and bypass the pot on the module. So for example on their input module used to feed pan and level to the stereo buss you have a level pot but can hook in the fader to bypass the level pot and use a real  fader instead of the pot for level control. 

Latest posts

Back