APUTIS ELA M251 capsule holders

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Andreas,

You'll receive an e-mail today. Thanks!

P.S. Everyone will receive e-mail. All of you are in my list so please be patient, Thanks for understanding, :)

Also due to my stupidity I've deleted some info in my list where the headbasket finish was indicated. So please those who wanted beadblasted headbasket write me an e-mail.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Hi all,

First of all - very sorry for not posting here - was very busy with mics.

Yes not everyone received an email, because:

First bad news  :(

I want you to receive quality mics so don't want to send them with  a problem  that I've noticed while assembling them - the rivet nut after acid etching anodizing became loose on all kits. Some headbaskets even can not be tightened. So I am working hard on removing old rivets and replacing them with new ones.  This will take some time and I would like to delay shipping for next week. I understand your concerns, so if there are someone who would like to get a refund, please let me know. I am feeling very upset about this, but again - I want to make the best I can on quality.

Now good news,

The half of the baskets were replated and I've received them yesterday. Plating looks superb. Beadblasted baskets also look professional :)

Again very sorry, and please be patient, we are very close.

IMG_1541-vi.jpg

IMG_1543-vi.jpg

Kind regards,
Andrew

Thanks for the update!! I know very well how hard it is to get things right! Please take your time and get things rite...

Thanks again for your effort,

Eric

Hi,

Yes. Mic body tubes were sent for re-anodizing. First time they did not put a fixing layer, so while assembling them I've noticed that  the layer is very sensitive. I did not post this because I am starting to feel the shame in front of you all. However they will finish anodizing tomorrow and if the carrier will be fast enough there are chances that I will have them also tomorrow. I know one thing for sure - no more anodizing for next batch.  My choice is satin electroless nickel plating. Looks a lot better.

IMG_1588-vi.jpg

Kind regards,
Andrew

Please do not worry - anodizing looks really good and nickel plating vs. anodizing is a matter of taste - for me nickel plating looks better, others may prefer anodizing.

Kind regards,
Andrew

No shame Andriejus!  You took on a huge project and everyone knows that.  I'm sure everyone appreciates your attention to detail as well.  thanks for taking the time to iron out the fine details. 

Hi all,

Sorry for late comments. I did not have what write as there was no progress in production.

I thought anodyzing will be the last and most easiest step in production, but I was wrong. These are the pictures of second anodyzing....again they did it wrong.

All body tubes has lines on entire body. It seems that they did not cleaned after etching.

Another thing is that the color of end bell and body tube is different on most kits.

On monday I am going to another town to different supplier and will stand nearby and will check quality by myself. Please do not worry I guarantee that all parts will be done 100% quality. I will send kits to you only if I am fully confident about the quality.

I do believe that Ive allready lost your trust, so if someone can not wait for on week, please inform me, I will make money return...

Please checjk the pictures, of second anodyzing.

IMG_8433-vi.jpg

IMG_8434-vi.jpg

Kind regards,
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

oh damn to the wrong anodizing, but no shame from your side Andrew! you're doing a huge job to bring these bodys allive.
the second run will be easier, definitely! please take the time do you need. from my side i can wait!! 8)

eric

Yes, thanks for standing up for an acceptable quality manufacture Andrew. Am I correct that the second round is on standby, until the first round is finished?

I also chime in and say take your time. I am perfectly willing to be in the BETA test group as I want you to vet all the problems so that when you get to the M49 and C12/ELAM 251 bodies they are as good as they can be. Have you thought about not anodizing but an electroless process?

Yes Pip, I have one sample of electroless nickel plating. Its good, but its 10 times more expensive. however the next run is production and parts will be plated using electroless plating technique.

Duantro, second run is not in stand buy, I still making new headbaskets and turning other parts.

Kind regards,
Andrew

If you want, I could buy one not so perfect mic body... b-stock if you want.  :D :D :D :D

good work so far! thumbs up!

Latest posts

Back