APUTIS ELA M251 capsule holders

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Andrew, would you have any eta on the second round? I'm assuming I didn't make it in on the first round, correct? Thanks for all of the work here!

Hi all,

Parts are on the way to my town. Electroless nickel plating was a really expensive service, so this why I've ordered cheaper/slower carrier. I am waiting impatiently to see the results and inform you.

Kind regards,
Andrew

tskguy said:
Any update regarding the first run??? Shipping soon?

Duantro,

Yes you where on the second run. The headbasket is already made for you. I am planing to make body tubes and end bells next week. So your order should be soon ready for shipping.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Andrew,

I would like to order 2 matching kits with these selections:

- long body
    - polished nickel headbasket and connector
    - dark cherry box with  dark violet velvet
    - shockmount

I was wondering what information is needed for a logo/badge. Also let me know how to take care of payment. Your work looks great!

-Brian

Hope all is well.

Recently in a magazine here in USA called Tape Op Allen Sides was interviewed he had this to say about the U47 head baskets:

"The other thing I found interesting is that I'd try different configurations for the top. When I was buying all these U 47s from Europe (and I probably had 400 U 47s, conservatively), I had a pair of electrostatic headphones and I sat and listened to every single mic. I'd compare every one. I noticed that the chrome tops seemed to have a little more air than the rest of the mics, but I could never quite figure it out. I started comparing. I'd go through and find the best capsules. There were three versions of the 47s. There were even other versions, depending on the capsules, but three main versions. I started changing tops, changing bodies, comparing capsules, and comparing electronics. What I found was that the chrome-plated top had more openness than the nickel-plated. It might be because of the fact that at the wavelengths of 16 or 18 kHz, it makes a difference."

So was just wondering if maybe a chrome option might be something to consider?

Thats is a good note! Will take it into consideration. Thanks Pip.

Still waitting for currier with plated parts.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Hi all,

Just called to the carrier company to ask why they are taking so long, received an answer - "its cheap, but slow". However I did manage to get an official date from them - its  September 2nd or earlier. So only a few days...

Kind regards,
Andrew

Hi all,

Finally! Received nickel plated parts.

Will check each soon and give comments.

IMG_1734-th.jpg

IMG_1735-th.jpg

Kind regards,
Andrew

OK now comments on plating:

Not all parts are OK. Many parts has liquid marks and dirty finger prints. I've already prepared an official claim with pictures and etc. Will contact them after two hours.

However there are good parts, so while they fix the bad ones (this time I will use express shipping) I will be shipping good ones prior to the list.  So in general - everything is on plan.

Kind regards,
Andrew

It seems heart breaking to think that a company would have shipped them to you in that condition,.

Thank you for your attention to detail.

Andriejus said:
OK now comments on plating:

Not all parts are OK. Many parts has liquid marks and dirty finger prints. I've already prepared an official claim with pictures and etc. Will contact them after two hours.

However there are good parts, so while they fix the bad ones (this time I will use express shipping) I will be shipping good ones prior to the list.  So in general - everything is on plan.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Thats too bad. But thanks for your diligent approach. If there are blemishes on areas that don't get seen I for one don't care. As to my attempt at Lithuanian, Google translator.  ::) I have a feminine side! ;D

Hi all,

Talked to them. They agreed on bad quality and will fix it asap.

Pip, most issues are on visible places.

02-th.jpg

03-th.jpg

04-th.jpg

05-th.jpg

06-th.jpg

Kind regards,
Andrew

Hi all,

It seems that my last post is gone, so - first mics are sent other - are fixed and sent back to me. Should receive soon.

IMG_9919-th.jpg

Kind regards,
Andrew

Do you have a list of the lucky few that have shipped? I can assume that I didn't receive an email means It hasn't shipped?

Thanks,
Eric

I am a little bit surprised but I have just received the parts! That was paranormal fast. Will check them soon. Expect shipping soon.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Back