APUTIS ELA M251 capsule holders

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're waiting please read his post from a few days ago (quoted below). Better to wait for proper QC than receive a faulty product.  I've seen a lot of other diy builders drop the ball in that regard.  I've been following his threads and Andrew seems to be very contentious. So much so that I think I'll be buying some of his items.  Waiting a few months on a mic body sure beats waiting a few years such as many are doing in another thread right now.
Andriejus said:
Hi all,

First of all I would like to thank you for a good word about my U47.
Secondly- to apologise those who are still waiting for their bodies. While assembling kits from a first run I've found that some threads were damaged due to the many layers of plating, so I could not ship with this issue. After plating 4 times and paying big money for this I had to throw about 20 pcs into garbage box :(

People from a first run (as well as from the second) will receive newly made parts with some constructional updates, very very nice plating and newly made wood boxes, which are now even more high quality.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Hi all,

Fixed and plated parts will be in my country in the upcoming week. Hope this time everything is OK and I will be able to ship all mics. Thank you for understanding and patience.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Andrew

Congratulations on incredible work. I would definitely like to buy one of your mike bodies and boxes once your run is ready.

What is the total cost inc shipping?

Matt

Come on Andrew, its getting ridiculous now.

This isn't a "crowd sourcing" product, I sent you money for something I was under the impression you had on hand ready to send.

I don't think its fair to take peoples money until you have the product boxed ready to mail out. I know you want it to be right etc.. but regardless I would never take someones money for something I didn't actually have.

I would have suggested that I fund this properly as a structured business for a residual royalty. You just can't keep people including myself waiting like this. It's not ok mate

J

Hello Jess,

I have never told that I have product in my hand. This project is going like this from the beginning.

I gave you lead times with possible delays, so you should be familiar with the situation. However I fully understand your situation and I will prepare refund for you this week.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Hi all,

Finally received parts (yesterday) - they were stuck in customs because of wrong value declared...So I had difficult situation solving this issue. Today is my last day at daily job, so I have to finish a lot of stuff, but tomorrow I will start assembling and shipping mics.

P.S. Plating is superb, checked 50 pcs and all were perfect. Some minor adjustments must be done from inside the tube. Also I have added one constructional update regarding the connector. I will show this in pictures.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Andriejus said:
Hello Jess,

I have never told that I have product in my hand. This project is going like this from the beginning.

I gave you lead times with possible delays, so you should be familiar with the situation. However I fully understand your situation and I will prepare refund for you this week.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I never said I wanted a refund, I definitely don't want a refund and I'm still excited to receive the mic body.

I just think there should be a little more communication on your part.

Attached is the last communication I had from you.

Cheers.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-09 at 11.51.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-09 at 11.51.51 PM.png
    58.4 KB · Views: 58
Hi Jess,

OK I misunderstood something.
I apologize for the lack of communication as sometimes I feel guilty before you all for not having updates. This is why I post nothing in the thread until I have something :)

It is not easy to have high quality standards for myself as many people become anxious everyday , but this is the main reason why there are some delays in shipments. Thanks again for patience.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Andriejus said:
Hi all,

Finally received parts (yesterday) - they were stuck in customs because of wrong value declared...So I had difficult situation solving this issue. Today is my last day at daily job, so I have to finish a lot of stuff, but tomorrow I will start assembling and shipping mics.

P.S. Plating is superb, checked 50 pcs and all were perfect. Some minor adjustments must be done from inside the tube. Also I have added one constructional update regarding the connector. I will show this in pictures.

Kind regards,
Andrew

thats great news

That's great that they are finally done. Can you please inform me of the cost to pay for the extra wooden box I requested, before they ship?

Jesse Jackson- I feel your pain, I've paid for mine in June. Luckily I found a nos Equinox body, that someone was letting go. I was building a mic for a friend and starting to catch heat for waiting.

Maybe these should have been listed as a feeler thread, and not in the white market, until the research and development was all worked out?  I understand quality control, and customs issues are hard to deal with, and am glad they are finally ready to ship.

Hi Andrew, do you have any eta on these going out?  If the needed minor adjustment is easy to do (remember this is diy), could I have mine sent as is asap?  Also inform me of the extra box costs please. I'm anxious to get the box to my friend.  Cheers!

Hey all,

Sorry for delay. As mentioned above all parts are now OK and I am currently working on shipping the mics prior to the list. I kindly ask you all to be patient. I am expecting to finish shipping all orders during these 2 weeks.

P.S.  Please ALWAYS contact me (not Dany Bouchard) if you have any questions, concerns or simply want updates. You can e-mail me everyday if you want. You paid the money and all have the right to do this. I am extremely busy in making every mic which I want to be ideal, but I will sure find some time to answer your questions.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Hey, I'm really interested in this body, it looks great!
But does anybody here know, if a G7 pcb will fit in there?
Looking at the measurements, it looks like it will fit, but would like to have a confirmation from someone who did it.

Bowie said:
If you're waiting please read his post from a few days ago (quoted below). Better to wait for proper QC than receive a faulty product.  I've seen a lot of other diy builders drop the ball in that regard.  I've been following his threads and Andrew seems to be very contentious. So much so that I think I'll be buying some of his items.  Waiting a few months on a mic body sure beats waiting a few years such as many are doing in another thread right now.
Andriejus said:
Hi all,

First of all I would like to thank you for a good word about my U47.
Secondly- to apologise those who are still waiting for their bodies. While assembling kits from a first run I've found that some threads were damaged due to the many layers of plating, so I could not ship with this issue. After plating 4 times and paying big money for this I had to throw about 20 pcs into garbage box :(

People from a first run (as well as from the second) will receive newly made parts with some constructional updates, very very nice plating and newly made wood boxes, which are now even more high quality.

Kind regards,
Andrew
Agreed Bowie, agreed! But I will say, folks waiting in the other thread for years is not the norm. There were some extenuating circumstances that have negatively affected that particular endeavor. sh*t happens.

That said, I will admit I spent a fortune on a FleA body for my M49b clone...couldn't be happier! I love quality. If I had to choose another vendor, I would go with the Aputis bodies myself.

Latest posts

Back