APUTIS ELA M251 capsule holders

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the swivel mount i'm talking about  holds the mic's body via the connector and is equipped with the mic cable. just do a google image search for "u47 swivel" it's very practical for some micing techniques.

one of the few mics i've seen where a yoke mount is common is the M49. there are others though. it's basically just a round  cushioned clamp with a mic stand adaptor.

Andriejus said:
Hey All,

M49 - brass parts are almost finished and I will take some pictures for you as a proof;
U47 - chrome headgrilles are plated and will be here soon, satin headgrilles are in Denmark for satin plating. Their lead time 7-10 working days, so hope to receive soon.

I am about to lounch my e-shop with the stock, so you will be able to purchase the kits with lead time of max. 1 week.
You will find there some other interesting stuff here :)

Thank you All for your patience and understanding!

Kind regards,
Andrew

Hi Andrew,
week over week is gone.....any news? i have invest a lot of money

Best

Hey all,

Sorry for not being there - working hard. I have started packing mics. Will send tracking info for everyone. Satin headgrilles are not there yet, but I have polished ones that are being packed. Satin headgrilles will be there by the end of this week.

M49 - all brass parts are made. I will start welding the kits next week and post some pictures there. I am very happy with the quality and precision, so I hope you will be amazed too.

Thank you all for you patience and understanding - this makes these projects to continue. However some people have already asked for a refund and that made all things more difficult, but me and my wife are doing the best to supply all kits.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Hey All,

Just wanted to share some pictures of newly plated headgrilles. Plating is superb!! These are double polished, and plated with two thin layers of different materials and the third top layer is chrome.

thumb_IMG_0202_1024-vi.jpg

thumb_IMG_0203_1024-vi.jpg

Kind regards,
Andrew

Andrew-

Can you please tell me(and everyone else) where they are at "in line" to receive their microphone bodies. Your time line estimates seem to lack accuracy. Really, I want to know EXACTLY how  many people will receive their microphones before me. August 27th will mark ONE YEAR since I've sent you a significant amount of money(for 3 bodies). This would be unacceptable in any other transaction.

Seriously... REGULAR AND ACCURATE UPDATES, DUDE.

- Brian

I do really want to order a mic body from you but after doing some reading i'm afraid I wouldn't receive my order in any sort of reason time frame. Will keep an eye out to see how things resolve.

Winston O'Boogie said:
Now over 5 weeks since Andriejus promised a refund of €275 and still nothing. 

Hey,

I understand your concern, but I simply have no finances to make instant refunds. The first batch of U47's was very unsuccessful and I've spent everything on fixing parts, finding new platers etc. and even now I am still working and selling with  0 profit. This makes all things slow down. So please give some more time, and I will solve this asap. Believe me I am not happy in this situation as well.

Kind regards,
Andrew

iturnknobs said:
Andrew-

Can you please tell me(and everyone else) where they are at "in line" to receive their microphone bodies. Your time line estimates seem to lack accuracy. Really, I want to know EXACTLY how  many people will receive their microphones before me. August 27th will mark ONE YEAR since I've sent you a significant amount of money(for 3 bodies). This would be unacceptable in any other transaction.

Seriously... REGULAR AND ACCURATE UPDATES, DUDE.

- Brian

Hi Brian,

At the moment I have all parts for all orders. I am assembling and packing it.

Want to know the true? - I have "0" in all my accounts and simply can not bring anything to the post office because I have no money to pay for.

As mentioned in the previous post, this production makes zero profit right now, but I am fully responsible for all your orders and money given to me with your trust. I had many not polite e-mails in these few months. I've even had some threatening emails from some of you and I absolutely understand your reaction. This is my  fault, this is my responsibility and these were mine mistakes, but at the same time these were great lessons for the future which makes me feel stronger.

I know I have disappointed you, but I want you to know that I am responsible person and you can be sure that your money are not thrown away.

It is very hard to give the dates, when there are so many unpredictable nuances in production, sales and overall process, however having all parts together I do believe I will fully ship all orders this month...

I am not trying to cry here or show myself as poor man/victim. I am trying to show the real situation and at the same time expecting that this will make you all calm down a little bit.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Current updates for U47:

1. Found special nano solution that really helps to avoid fingermarks;
2. Developed new finish on headgrilles - double polishing and three layer plating. Result - Mirror surface, smoother edges, visually more closer to original;
3. Little updates on wood boxes - better quality, better painting, more colors, more velvet colors.
4. Added chrome plated fixing rings into the end bell. This prevents connector from spinning around.
5. Little updates on stainless steel PCB rails - better stainless steel alloy, chamfered threads, better assembling experience.

So now here are some pictures of my current working progress:

1. Headgrilles before final welding:

33490110513033-vi.jpg

00490110480534-vi.jpg

2. Newly plated headgrilles:
thumb_IMG_0233_1024-vi.jpg

3. Inside of construction:
thumb_IMG_0235_1024-vi.jpg

4. Body tube treated with nano and high temperature:
thumb_IMG_0237_1024-vi.jpg

5. Chrome plated fixing rings for connector:
50490110470857-vi.jpg

6. Some wood boxes inlaid with velvet:
thumb_IMG_0242_1024-vi.jpg

Kind regards,
Andrew

Want to know the true? - I have "0" in all my accounts and simply can not bring anything to the post office because I have no money to pay for.

I can imagine some of the hurdles you have dealt with. I feel for you and your financial situation. If you would updated immediately upon seeing public posts concerning unanswered refund requests, this situation probably wouldn't have gotten as ugly as it did. That being said, if money for shipping is the issue as you have implied, I will gladly pay you again for shipping again to end the wait... as I would guess many others would do the same.

There it is I too will aid you in shipping. What will help you get this done?! Heck I'll invest a small amount in your company! PM Me!

Like many of you I also ordered a couple of mic bodies from Andrew (M49) and sent him quite some money for them a long time ago.
And like many of you I've been waiting much much longer so far than expected.

But having gone through offering my own DIY chassis here as well with all ups and downs I can assure you this can get very expensive very fast. Just a little mistake can cost a lot of money when you do runs of 30, 40 or even more chassis at a time.
I still remember when misplacing two holes of the front panel of my LA2A style chassis - it would have cost me over 750 Euros!!  :eek:
If it wasn't for this great community where almost all members of the group buy I started, contributed to help me with a little share to fix the problem, it would have been quite a difficult for me at that time!

So I can imagine with all the problems and obstacles that can occur during such a ride, such a complex project that includes plating and what not, money can run out pretty fast  if you're on your own.

Besides, I know Andrew personally and can assure you he is a great guy, he has a lot of passion for what he's doing and he's going no compromise in terms of quality.
And even though I can feel for all of you waiting on your mic bodies (I'd also love to hold mine in hands already) it's obviously much harder being on the other side, running out of funds, feeling all the pressure from outside rising and still trying focus on working on a perfect result...

Also it seems there's some people who are able to help here Andrew ;)
I'm sure you have the worst behind you Andrew and all of us who are waiting as well - so I suggest hang in there all of you guys :)

Thank you All guys.

I will contact you personally...These money paid for double shipping will be returned some day.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Latest posts

Back