APUTIS ELA M251 capsule holders

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andrew, let me know about additional shipping $ for my M49 body.  I am also interested in the yoke for the mic.  I really would like to get this mic built.

Andrew, my material is paid since last 10 april 2015. let me know about additional shipping amount of my U47 body and my 3 wooden boxes...

Hey All,

Thank you all for your support. With the help of you finally all things started to move a little bit. Here are some nice pictures of current progress:

Assembled end bells with fixing rings:

32491387492667-vi.jpg

39491420799111-vi.jpg

Connectors:

30491420790733-vi.jpg

Capsule discs and etc.

14491387534553-vi.jpg

Some headgrilles after bead blasting:

10491387410882-vi.jpg

Body tubes after riveting:

24491420784092-vi.jpg

Preassembled mic bodies before nano treatment:

04491387524409-vi.jpg

Final satin mic bodies. Note the double polishing on headgrilles - smooth edges, higher quality and more precision

59491387399485-vi.jpg

43491387443778-vi.jpg

01491387461537-vi.jpg

I will shortly contact you all. I do really appreciate your kindness and support, but I do also have to work prior to the list as it may be not fear to others. Hope understand this.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Oh man, these new satin headgrilles look phenomenal!! I had doubts about my decision to go for satin headgrilles, but now I'm more than happy with my decision!
Can't wait :D
Just out of curiosity: why did you change to 9 pin connector instead of the 7 pin?

Great question,  Murdock. Can everyone that is waiting expect a 7 pin connector as shown in the beginning of this thread... or is it a 9 pin connector. Fortunately, that is the only thing that I have not purchased for the build.

Hey,

The reason I changed to 9 pin connector is that I was looking for one that might be more similar looking to original. And the ones I've found can be only with 9 pin. Another thing is that there were some discussions about placing the heatsink resistor to the PSU, so 9 pin connector could be a great choice for implementing this.

Kind regards,
Andrew

people really put the resistor in the psu case via the mic cable?
that's very interesting.

can anyone chime in on this? what are the cons? the pros are obvious,  less heat on the components and capsule in the mic but are there any cons?

useme2305 said:
that's very interesting.

can anyone chime in on this? what are the cons? the pros are obvious,  less heat on the components and capsule in the mic but are there any cons?

I would be a little concerned about the, now, higher impedance of the power supply line being more succeptible to noise pickup.  Might require additional support circuitry/componentry but without testing... ?

P.S.  Extra pins for other capsule biasing, switching, power lines, doubling up of wires, options etc.  seems nice to have though

useme2305 said:
that's very interesting.

Yup. Yes it can be done you have to look out for potential voltage drop but it works fine! I had to do it with one of my U47 copies as it got too hot and burned up some pricey caps! And did some other damage (FET VF14 substitute cooked). Mic works as designed. It is no longer obviously true to the circuit. Also the drop down resistor runs way cooler on the large heatsink in PSU then it does in the mic! I always use Gotham cable and I noticed no noise issues it may in fact be quieter!

Granted this is empirical testing at its best but filament voltage is spot on and bias seems un affected!

Can anyone say the apprx. peak temperature of how hot U47 becomes?

I have some badly plated parts and decided to paint them, but I need to make heat resistance tests for the paint. :)

Kind regards,
Andrew

Andreas Grosser says temperature in U47 Microphones are 50-60 °C. My Clone with dual 6028 and Drop Down resistor inside the microphone have the same temperature, maybe little less...

U47 Clone with EF800 stays cold

Hi Andrew,

Still haven't had my mic body yet mate.. when you shipping it?

I sent u the money last Oct 2015. Its gonna be a year in 2 months.

come on bro.

JessJackson said:
Hi Andrew,

come on bro.

Jess,

Your mic was shipped 3 weeks ago. Give it some more time, sometimes it takes up to 5 weeks to reach USA.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Andriejus said:
JessJackson said:
Hi Andrew,

come on bro.

Jess,

Your mic was shipped 3 weeks ago. Give it some more time, sometimes it takes up to 5 weeks to reach USA.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Tracking Number?

Jess,

I did not send you the tracking number because American post do not provide tracking info for our country anymore. The number is useless as it shows only when the package has left my country. This applies to all USA location as well as UK. However I have an invoice from the postal service, so I will search for you and e-mail you.

Kind regards,
Andrew

As I have heard nothing from you for some time now, despite many attempts to contact you, I am trying here...
If you can ship the 3 U-47s I am owed now, complete with everything including boxes and shock-mounts I can accept this instead of a refund, even though my window for building these has long since passed
Something is better than nothing...
Please confirm with dates

thanks!

Latest posts

Back