APUTIS ELA M251 capsule holders

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I'm waiting for my M49 bodies, I've built myself a burn-in/test-station for my 5840W-tubes.
In a cookie jar. :)

Attachments

• Tube tester cookie jar outside.jpg
    Tube tester cookie jar outside.jpg
    521.1 KB · Views: 30
And this is the inside.

Attachments

• Tube tester cookie jar inside.jpg
    Tube tester cookie jar inside.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 113
Hey All,

I have some very good news about U47 body kits. I have finally solved issues with plating:

1. Sensitivity to fingermarks - with the help of platers we have found some other method for plating which makes the surface resistant to fingermarks and easily cleaned if touched with dirty hands. This is a permanent solution and it will last forever. I am very happy about this;

2. All 3 (end bell, body tube and headgrille) parts are now the same colour which is more professional;

I have made some pictures for you as well. Check them out :)

03-vi.jpg

02-vi.jpg

2-vi.jpg

Unfortunately they sent me only 1 newly plated body kit, so we will have to wait a little bit more until all are finished before shipping.

Kind regards,
Andrew

All gdiy members:

Request refund.

TAB-Funkenwerk has u-47 kits with excellent trafos IN STOCK for a great price. We are doing this for the way things sound, right? I need the stereo pair I attempted to start building in August of 2015. DO NOT SEND ANDREW MONEY UNLESS HE HAS PRODUCT IN STOCK.

NO APUTIS  GEAR IN MY STUDIO UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

Did you think I was kidding when I threatened public refund back in May?

iturnknobs said:
All gdiy members:

Request refund.

TAB-Funkenwerk has u-47 kits with excellent trafos IN STOCK for a great price. We are doing this for the way things sound, right? I need the stereo pair I attempted to start building in August of 2015. DO NOT SEND ANDREW MONEY UNLESS HE HAS PRODUCT IN STOCK.

NO APUTIS  GEAR IN MY STUDIO UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

Did you think I was kidding when I threatened public refund back in May?

How many bodies did you not receive?

I would really want to see some proof of progress on the M49 bodies.
I paid for two M49 bodies last November. That was eleven months ago. Then, Aputis wrote that he had "only a few problems left to fix".
In April, he promised to show us some photos of the M49 bodies. And then again several times after that.
Perfection is a good thing, but if the strive for perfection means that you can't deliver anything ever, then you don't really understand your customers.
I had a boss 25 years ago, when I started in the computer consultant business, that told me that I should "deliver the right quality, for the right price, in the right time".
“the right time” was an important part of that advice.

iturnknobs, please check your e-mail.

For other who had paid for M49:

I will be straight this time - I am stuck with plastic parts as my machinist moved to another town and I am now even having difficulties to take already made brass parts. I will finish plastic parts at another factory, but this will cost me more than twice, so I am trying to gather some funds right now. More requests for refunding would kill this project and others as well. I am now talking to the bank about some short term funding. I will have more to say in a couple days as soon as I get an answer from them.

For now - I promise you will receive your items at their best quality, but I can not promise when it will be exactly....maybe this month, maybe another. I have all tools, I have mastered welding technique and found proper plating supplier, therefore at this moment I can only ask you to believe in me. All I need :)

Kind regards,
Andrew

Thank you for being  staight about the problems, Aputis.

I don't want a refund, I want the M49 bodies. I understand that the more people that demands a refund, the longer the rest of us will have to wait. Cash flow is the problem now, not a lack of craftsmanship.

As for the plastic part (the big "cup" at the top); I'm not sure I will even use it. More authentic, yes, but not very practical. I rather use the upper deck that Poctop included in the PCB set.

If you have built more U47 bodies than you have sold, I'm willing to by a couple of them.  If that can help with the cash flow.

stelin said:
As for the plastic part (the big "cup" at the top); I'm not sure I will even use it. More authentic, yes, but not very practical. I rather use the upper deck that Poctop included in the PCB set.
Only thing is, the plastic cup covers the "hi-z" section so I would think be a good isolator/dust deterrant in the long run.

Neumann included it in their original design for a reason I think.  ;)

Cheers,

Mike

Latest posts

Back