D7 Custom Microphone Capsule Project

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will be commented Later on too much emotion here ,  :'(
Best
Dan,

58d1402a083c6.jpg

58d1402a083d7.jpg

58d1402a083e8.jpg

IMG_0835.JPG

58d028199462e.jpg

No Line yet, those are under observation Still for some mad Science Still  ;),
Best,
Dan,

Beautiful shop!
What a great playground.
Looking forward to the final product

Cheers
Mac

ricardo said:
Are you doing your own vacuum deposition for the diaphragms?

Vaccuum deposition is Done by a local Canadian Company ,  but i have designed the mask for them ,
Mylar C Dupont 6um beeing the base material.
Best,
Dan,

This is so beautiful, Dan!

It must be a wonderful feeling seeing your creations being born!
I myself could watch pictures of capsules all day long.. :)

I hereby officially brute force myself onto the non existent list.  ;D

Good luck with your M7:s Dan, I think we are quite a few people here following your work closely and with great interest!

//Michael
ricardo said:
Are you doing your own vacuum deposition for the diaphragms?

Vaccuum deposition is Done by a local Canadian Company ,  but i have designed the mask for them ,
Mylar C Dupont 6um beeing the base material.
Best,
Dan,

[/quote]

Spencerleehorton said:
Great stuff dan, Jess I don't think dans going to rush any of this, patience will reward us all!!!

Spence.

Yes , i am taking a little more time , i want to make sure everything is Spic and Span with every little details of this ,
thanks for your patience ,
Best,
Dan,

zebra50 said:
This looks amazing! Really great, inspirational stuff.

Thanks , you could not  believe how much work it is to get there
Best,
Dan,

granger.frederic said:
Hi Dan

what do you mean ?

I just mean I am still learning the last bit of spelling and black magic to get this going , but I believe I will be soon be able to take a few orders ,  I am still trying to organize the googol of concept on my notebook to make this possible ,
Thanks ,  I have you in my prelim list :)

Best,
Dan,

...I dropped off the prototype D-8 Dany sent me with Shane (Category 5) who will be testing it in one of his MK-U47 builds and then mounting it in my D-M49b for further testing...so far so good!...early results are very promising...I think Dany has delivered a real contender...

...more to follow (soundfiles too)...

Installed the capsule into an ioaudio MK-U47 and it went without a hitch.  Fit directly into the existing Thiersh mount without incident, although the holder provided by Dany looks quite nice as well.  Dany felt both sides were well matched so i just picked one as the front.  So far I am very pleased, and happy to say we will soon have a very high quality M7 variant to grace our builds with.  i know there is still some fine tweaking that may occur as Dany was making little adjustments even today with a new prototype.  I see he is set on getting the last few percent nailed.  There's really nothing at all to complain about.  My initial impression is that this variant sits somewhere in between the heftier Thiersch Redline and the more mid-forward Blueline.  It is not as bright as a Neumann K49, but the M7 design "in general" isn't so that's as expected.

EDIT :  New variant done and on the way, so I have removed the other sound file I did since it's no longer relevant.  Big props to Dany for this amazing project.  I am humbled by it's scope and attention to detail.  Congrats.

Latest posts

Back