Peak DCA75

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gar381

Has anyone played with one of these guys yet??

check it  out..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41yDmZOXFLA

This tester was recommended by  one of the guys on the
Ampex mailing list.  It looks like just what I need.

Any thoughts??

GARY

I have three Peak units and i love them. Small, simple, what's not to like? I have the older component analyzer. I bought one of these new ones for a friend as a thank you for some help. He loves it.

That's nice. The clips are a bit delicate. I'm missing a few between the models I have.

gar381 said:
Got it !! :)

This guy is really nice.  No transistor socket
is the only downside.  Since I mostly test TO-92, TO-18
TO-5 case guys etc.. Here is my fix.

I just use a mini-breadboard in a similar fashion, which allows lead spacing to be adjusted as required.

regards, Jack

Have the DCA55, great for BJTs, but missing the ability to test JFETs, etc. Looking to upgrade to the DCA75 soon. Also have my eye on the new ESR70 and ZEN50, and then maybe the LCR45 if money allows.  8)

I also love my DCA55 but I have discovered a small bug.

Last week I was testing an 2955 PNP transistor on a defective power supply. I hooked up the DCA to the transistor not paying attention to the wire colours. The DCA showed me a wrong pinout for  C and E, it was reversed to what the datasheet does spec (it showed the case of the transistor beeing E and and one pin C instead of the other way round)
After swapping the cables around the reading was ok again.

I tried it with a couple of different PNP resistors and it seems that the DCA always confuses C and E when the red lead is connected to C and blue to E

I just tried my DCA55, v2.97, on a 2n2907 and it's showing correct pinout with red on collector and blue on emitter. Did you try it with a TO-92?

Latest posts

Back