Extend soundcard for ext. hardware?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
weiss said:
So now i tried to use the motu as my main sound card and connected it to the fireface (standalone mode) via adat to insert the hardware. but now i can't see any adat ins and outs in my audio software. it is only showing the analog ins and outs and spdif. In the motu i can't make any adat settings, they don't show up when connected to the computer. i think i am too  stupid :(

WAIT A MINUTE!

I forgot that the optical inputs and outputs can be configured to be S/PDIF (two-channel) or ADAT (eight-channel). I bet yours are configured as S/PDIF, in which case you won't (or might not) see the ADAT channels in any I/O list presented by your DAW.

-a

Andy Peters said:
weiss said:
So now i tried to use the motu as my main sound card and connected it to the fireface (standalone mode) via adat to insert the hardware. but now i can't see any adat ins and outs in my audio software. it is only showing the analog ins and outs and spdif. In the motu i can't make any adat settings, they don't show up when connected to the computer. i think i am too  stupid :(

WAIT A MINUTE!

I forgot that the optical inputs and outputs can be configured to be S/PDIF (two-channel) or ADAT (eight-channel). I bet yours are configured as S/PDIF, in which case you won't (or might not) see the ADAT channels in any I/O list presented by your DAW.

-a

nah i set it to adat ;) doesn't matter, i am going to sell the motu and buy a mulitface. this will definitely work ;)

i think i found a good solution: http://www.ferrofish.de/en/en-a16-adat.html
thanks to totoxraymond! :)

Latest posts

Back