Net Neutrality

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm.  Three unelected bureaucrats passing laws regulating the internet, making it neutral.  And they were helped by public interest groups and large corporations like google.

What could be wrong with that?

Poof!!! Just like that, the biggest worldwide advancement in modern history may have lost the chance for the free minds of a free society to work it out.

gyraf said:
Actually, "unelected" is a plus to their expected integrity these days...  ;D
Agreed generally, but "appointed" etc. is just about the same in "these most recent days".

For those who believe the government is a magnificent shepherd this is good.

For those of us who suspect the government of over reach and trying to control as much of the private economy as they can, this is troubling. 

I find it interesting how aggressive our president has become at unilaterally imposing his agenda since losing the congress. Instead of listening to the voters and pulling in his horns, he has apparently doubled down.

The good news is it is only for another two years but he is not finished yet.

The most interesting thing about the FCC is how the chairmen (Powell) has reversed himself from his earlier  more reasonable position.  Once again the courts will find themselves involved as the administration tests the constitutional limits of executive power again.

JR

PS: After the government turns the WWW into the post office and starts charging postage for emails, spam should fall off.  8)

I think what I find the most disconcerting about the whole thing is that we are passing laws that no one has been allowed to read.... Until after they get passed.  I feel like that's a pretty clear sign that all is not well.

Seeker said:
I think what I find the most disconcerting about the whole thing is that we are passing laws that no one has been allowed to read.... Until after they get passed.  I feel like that's a pretty clear sign that all is not well.

There's all sorts of wrong about how this has gone down... Once it's law, we find out what's in it.

Unfortunately, they've done a damn good job selling it to the masses. I mean, who doesn't hate Comcast (or insert your ISP here)? I don't know, maybe check out who Comcast's CEO golfs with.

Back