1U-4U rack enclosure drawings?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snaper

Hi Guys,

Because of the high shipping cost, I have  to find a local alternative to enclosure boxes.
Unfortunately, they are really expensive in Hungary.
I have a lot of knowledge in metal-work (from business side), so trust me, they are expensive.

Actually, my father owns a mid-size metal factory, and he got a Trumatic and CNC benders, so if I have a correct drawing in mm with all the holes, he can cut and bend a bunch of these for me.

Anyone got drawings?
(Im looking for the "remove-able-front panel" versions...)

It's not so hard to design your own, I've got some cad drawings I wouldn't mind to share. Let me know if you want them.

I've not build any of them so they could contain some mistakes (actually they're waiting for some revision), I was planning to build them in 2mm Aluminium (I just send the cad files to a company who cuts and bend the metal).

The biggest problem I see (at least for me) is the powdercoating or anodising process, but I guess it's just a matter of find who can do it at smalls runs and reasonable price, not trivial...

The only standard things are the front panel height and width.  Everything else - including the enclosure size - is up to you

You'll find a few "standard" depths but there are hundreds of box designs out there. I quite like the designs where the bottom & top panels are removable. It makes for easy access to PCBs for fault-finding, but that's not normally a priority for manufacturers!

Nick Froome

Back