BBC transformer specsheets...Lots of helpful info in here!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee_M

Hey folks,

Got a little gift for you...

I picked up these sheets as part of a purchase and thought some of you may find them useful.

I've also got a few BBC transformers (LL/101 and LL/105 in particular, Plus a few others I can't remember offhand) that aren't listed on that pdf, If anyone has any info on other BBC types please post links or PM me with details.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• BBC xfmr specs.pdf
    662.5 KB · Views: 72
The letters at the end of the transformer code seem to be a designation of what type of can they are housed in.

You'll have to forgive my lack of technical lingo, I've got no formal background in electronics and am learning from friends, books and the internet.

From what I've seen;

"H" types are the chunky cuboid blocks.

"S" types are the equally chunky black cylindrical cans, Potted in epoxy as far as I'm aware.

"SC" types I've seen have been in mumetal cans, With grommets for mounting. I'm thinking "SC" is "screened can" possibly?

"PC" types have PCB pins along with screw in brackets for mounting on boards. The bracket on these (at least on mine) can be removed and reversed vertically so that the transformer pins are on the top, Which makes them more useful for p2p and off-board mounting.

I've also seen one "CF" type that had a mounting bracket with pins on top and flying leads.

I'll post some example pics as soon as I figure out where I put my camera...

Back