Neumann capsules technical drawing

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomasjarry

Hello, i' am new to the forum and i think it is a real golden mine for diy builders.
I have already built some tube preamps, guitar amps and pedals and i would like to build my own vintage copy of a neumann condenser mic. I would really like to build it from a to z : electronic, transformer(maybe) , housing and capsule.  I am currently a student in machining, so i have access to some very good and accurate lathes and machining centers.  I would like to recreate a "vintage correct" neumann capsule but i can not find any drawing anywhere...
Do someone have it or at least informations/data?
Ideally i would like to make a U47 clone but m149 or others would also be great...

Thanks in advance :)

i'm not a capsule designer but i think that the most important part of a mic capsule is the diaphragm, and how it has been sputtered (material and thickness,uniformity ), on what kind of material (thickness is important as well), how it's been spaced and most important : how it's been uniformly tensioned ...
Today with a good milling unit you can easily reproduce the backplates
but for the diaphragms ....
professionals like Mr Tim Campbell or Mr Eric Heiserman can explain you much better and surely have the knowledge , perhaps they do some professional education ...??
Anyway, i've never seen some (free) capsule's drawings on the web ...
good luck for that tricky quest !
Cheers
Fred

Back