48V from 15V secondaries

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dirtyhanfri said:
Finally I choosed the psu in the first post and a 30VAC transformer, it's working, but giving +55VDC output with no load, maybe I could make R7 lower in order to reduce output voltage? or how could I trimm the output voltage?

Thanks

It should not do that. The output is divided by two by R6 and R7 and compared to the 24V zener. I would first check the voltage across the zener.

Cheers

Ian

I've got 0.5VDC across the Zener

I'm using a 18-0-18 transformer, and I'm feeding the circuit with just one secondary winding, because when fed with both windings in series I had 101V at the output (glad I didn't plug my 414 for test it) anyway, my transformer reads 21VAC at each secondary with no load, I'm not sure if this is normal behavior.

Thanks for the help

dirtyhanfri said:
I've got 0.5VDC across the Zener

I'm using a 18-0-18 transformer, and I'm feeding the circuit with just one secondary winding, because when fed with both windings in series I had 101V at the output (glad I didn't plug my 414 for test it) anyway, my transformer reads 21VAC at each secondary with no load, I'm not sure if this is normal behavior.

Thanks for the help

Sounds to me like you have wired the zener in backwards.

Cheers

Ian

I had Q2 reversed, didn't change that, tomorrow I'll try, zener was ok

Anyway I had another 2 psus, one of them working nicely, fed with 21VAC and giving +42VDC output, it's fine for me.

The other one worked too, but then I tried to feed it with 42VAC and had a bit of smoke out of Q3, and now it doesn' t work.

Thanks

Yes, you're right,

But, what about all the gear out there with 24V phantom or even 12?

Anyway, I could use 30VAC transformer instead of 36, which I ASSumed would work

Back