Calibrating original Urei Rev F 1176

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bxershrts

Hello everyone,

I am not sure where to go to ask and thought I would try here.  I have 4 original blackface rev f's that I want to calibrate.  Since there are differences than the previous versions, there must be another way to do it.  Can anyone help or offer calibration ideas for rev f?

Thanks!

There should be a copy of the owner's manual with service alignment procedures on the web from those early units. Wasn't it wonderful when you putchased a professional audio tool and it came with the service manual and schematics? That's how it was before corporations started trying to keep everything proprietary so you are enslaved to them. Studios had their own service bench and did their own service and calibration. The manuals for these are still available on the web thank goodness.

Thanks Rob,

That is actually a relief. Sadly though i can not find a owners manual specifically for the rev f.Or perhaps it is all the same? I have ran a 1 khz signal to the input but have nothing showing at the output...on any of them.. This is why I assumed there must be a difference. As when i calibrate Rev d's there is AV at the ouput terminals. Stumped....

Do you have a link you can share?

Thanks

The one I was thinking about is at
http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/vintage%20jbl-urei%20electronics/urei-1176lnmanual.pdf

It contains the full alignment procedure. It might have been written for newer ones, but read through it.

Latest posts

Back