Urei 1178 "Level" issue.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lalaland

Hi everyone .
I am working on an Urei 1178 , Ch -A shows higher levels on meters but is lower on the actual output.
Also feeding both inputs a square wave this is what I measure on the output transformer.
EDIT: Input seems fine , I measure a proper Square at point 1 on the output transformer but skewed at point 6.
Upper trace is channel -B , lower is channel A.
ktv6sqvcd

Meters set at GR and everything seems fine , compression starts with input/output at 12' o clock on both channels.
All opamps are fresh except for the NPD5566 , all transistors have been checked and seem fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated ( I mostly work on synth repair )  :)

Thanks
arnar

BTW; Captchas are impossible to read ...hehehe

Attachments

• Urei Output 001.JPG
    Urei Output 001.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 20
Do your meters need to be calibrated? If I remember correctly there are two pots inside, one for adjusting "0 VU" and the other for "GR tracking".

You say that everything seems fine wit the meters but they may need a little calibration work. Check in the manual for the procedure.

;)

EDIT : Sorry the attached pic didn't show up in Firefox, the distorted square wave is what you measured at the input of the meter circuit?

Latest posts

Back