Output Transformer laminate wasn't really laminated(one little piece)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dissonantdissident

Just got to building a 312-style project(Whistle Rock ML12s) and I am using Cinemag CMOQ-2L's on two channels.  So, when I took them out of their bubble wrap, I noticed that one of them had the last little bar of laminate(on the bottom) off-center.  When I touched it, it just scooted over, which is when I realized that it wasn't laminated.  I'd rather not go through the trouble of sending it back to Cinemag, as the wait time seems to be pretty long.  Is there a way that I can laminate it, myself(clear nail polish?)?  Should I just slide it on there, and put the mounting screws on?  Will the pressure be enough to create necessary contact?  Does it even really matter?

glenn

not a big deal, what ever glue you have on the shelf, nail polish, clear coat in a spray can, jb weld, two part epoxy, duco cement, model airplane cement, (no huffing!)  ;D

Great!  Should I apply the adhesive to the side going up to the laminate stack, or set it and do the nail polish on the outside?

Well, I got a little impatient and clamped down that piece, while giving the top and edges a coat of clear nail polish.  Gave it a few minutes to dry, and the sheen/finish now matches the other laminates, while keeping the piece in place.  :D  My ML12 Quad-8 style boards are complete.  Thanks!

Back