Sptunik M-Audio Groove Tubes PSU PSM1 Mod

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dp1976

Does anyone have experience in improving the performance of this PSU?

I have already modded the Sputnik with the T14 transformer and the cap as suggested in other posts.

Any ideas would be appreciated, I need to squeeze the most out of this Mic.

Schematics should be the same as for the Groove Tubes one:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/attachments/geekslutz-forum/176589d1275778318-groove-tubes-gt67-pinout-psu-specs-psm-1-tube-mic-supply-schem-cons_.pdf

The picture of the power supply looks fine
And modifying the supply would  hurt more than help the schematic looks good to me

Thanks Gus & Matador

Just wanted to find out if there was something obvious that could be done to better performance to achieve lower noise etc..

I bought the Sputnik, but the PSU does not appear to be working.  The LED doesn't  light up.  I have two, so I know it is the PSU, cause both mics work with the other PSU.  Any ideas on fixing it.  Should I swap the LED first?  Also, I read the the Sputnik and Sterling Audio use the same pinout.  If this is true, are the PSU's interchangable.  Could I use a PSU from the ST 66/69 with the sputnik?

If you have a voltmeter / multimeter, it should be reasonably easy to see if it actually works or not (and/or where the issue is).
It may well be a reasonably safe bet that the LED isn't the root cause of the failure. That's there purely as an indicator, it's in no way an essential part of the operation of the PSU.

guitardick said:
I bought the Sputnik, but the PSU does not appear to be working.  The LED doesn't  light up.  I have two, so I know it is the PSU, cause both mics work with the other PSU.  Any ideas on fixing it.  Should I swap the LED first?  Also, I read the the Sputnik and Sterling Audio use the same pinout.  If this is true, are the PSU's interchangable.  Could I use a PSU from the ST 66/69 with the sputnik?

Back