• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale Jensen transformers JE 642 90

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Flinn

I have a bunch of these transformers JE 642 90 that were pulled from working gear.    I believe they are 1:25.  They have solder pins and could be pcb mounted.    I'm based in the UK and would like to see £25 for 1 pair of transformers  +  the shipping costs.

Attachments

• P1040558.JPG
    P1040558.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 166
Whoops said:
I can't seem to find any Jensen Spec sheet on this transformers, do you have any documentation?

Thanks

Sorry I can't seem to find the info I had.  From memory they're quite high ration 1:25 , although some people o the net seem to think they're 1:20.  The input Z is pretty low maybe 20-30 ohms.  Might suit a ribbon mic or a moving coil step up transformer perhaps.

Whoops said:
Rob Flinn said:
I guess I could but then I guess so could you..... 

You're completely wrong I'm not selling unknown transformers,  you are!

I'm not completely wrong.  You could email Jensen, & the transformers are not  unknown, since they are branded Jensen & they do have a model number printed on the side. 

I've emailed Jensen & they haven't responded with any info.  I can tell you they came from scrapped film playback mag machines, but I'm not sure of their function in the machine, possibly tape head to amp, which might explain the turns ratio.

Other people on the forum have bought these from me & I have had no complaints.  If you don't want them don't buy them.

No grudge from me

I was just helping out in letting you know that you could ask info on the transformers from Jensen, and with some Info it would be easier to sell the transformers.

Happy Sale and Happy DIY

Back