rainton's P2P LA2A chassis "original style" discussion thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no problem to wait a few weeks longer. i will send the payment soon.

Floti said:
I already sent the money. Sorry about the meter thing, I was away! It ok, though.

oh sorry, i didn't know that.

I'm late but I sent you 60 euros for my corrected front plates.  I won't blame you because I know the hard work you provided on this chassis. Again thanks.

Hi Rainton,

You should've received 30 Euros by now for the new panel. Hope the amount has arrived!

Cheers!

JC

Thanks JC,
I think I received it!
Thanks to your help and by selling my own chassis to Shaker I got almost 450 of the 750 Euros together.

Now I won't be able to do this build with you together but that's ok because a) I already have one LA2A :) and b) I'm trying to finish my Pultec "prototype" as well.
I will still be able to help you guys with yours and I'm hoping for a second run in the near future ;)

If a couple more members would come to help would be great but we're getting there...

In the meantime I received all the adapter plates - they look great!!
Here's a selection:

jrebe1.jpg

Quayhog said:
I'm not sure how long it will be before the metal work is ready.  I'm curious if there is enough interest in starting a Facebook group.  It would be a good format to show, pictures, troubleshooting discussions, parts trading etc.
If we do this group I'd only open it to the people who are in this group buy.

Are there any builders in the San Francisco area?

I'm in the Bay Area. I wanted to see if  it was too late to get in on a case. I've been looking for one of these to build out. Please let me know. Thanks.

audiosway said:
I'm in the Bay Area. I wanted to see if  it was too late to get in on a case. I've been looking for one of these to build out. Please let me know. Thanks.

I would also like to get in on this if anyone wants out or maybe if enough folks still want in you could do another run? I'd be in for 2 if so.

Thanks,
John

audiosway said:

Unfortunately there are no chassis from the first run left. I made a couple of extra chassis but they're all gone by now.

But after we got this first run sorted and finished successfully, we can start a second run.
I'll add you guys to the list for run 2, ok.

rainton said:
Unfortunately there are no chassis from the first run left. I made a couple of extra chassis but they're all gone by now.

But after we got this first run sorted and finished successfully, we can start a second run.

Ok, thx. I'll keep an eye out for a second run.

Quayhog said:
Rainton, any word on when we'll see the finished product?

The varnisher is on vacation until Monday - I hope he will do the chassis as soon as he's back - that's what I have been told.

I don't know exactly how long the silkscreening will take. I do have their final offer and as soon as I have the new front panels here, I will send them to the silkscreener  ;)

Again thank you for all your help guys!

rainton said:
audiosway said:

Thanks. I'm definitely in on this. I used an original for years in a studio I worked in. Now I have my own place and dying to build one.

they arrived and they look great! just like the original  ;)
shall i send them to you now, martin?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    557.2 KB · Views: 67
Alright guys,
just talked to the manufacturer and they expect to receive the new front panels back from the varnisher this afternoon:)

I should have them in the mail on Monday

It sounds like we're getting close. My Heyboer clone power transformer arrived today.  It's beautiful and it's cheaper than the original Triad's I've seen on eBay. 
It's designed for modern voltages and it has long leads.

I've now assembled all the special bits that make the LA-2A special.

Gentlemen,
I think we're good now

zjuvdi.jpg

Again thank you for your help - almost each and every single one of you contributed to help me do the  new panel!! :)

I talked to the silkscreener again today and usually it will take around two weeks, but it might take a little longer now because I want them to do a test print first on one of the erroneous panels to see if everything's alright before I go on and have the new ones printed...don't want to do the same mistake twice ;)

stay tuned  8)

Latest posts

Back