rainton's P2P LA2A chassis "original style" discussion thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
john12ax7 said:
Is there a cost estimate for a complete BOM?

http://www.recproaudio.com/diy_pro_audio/teletronix_la2a.htm

I think there also must be a bom  somewhere

Martin, amazing work! the case looks so awesome  :)

it doesn't even bother me that the screw is overlapping with the meter..
btw for what type of lamp is the lamp holder made?

best regards

I received the cases yesterday. All I have to say is:
PUT ME IN LINE FOR ANOTHER PAIR !!!

Another point: there's maybe a small mistake. The female XLR screw holes seam to be reversed. If another one can confirm or tell me what connector goes that way. Thanks.

lolo-m said:
I received the cases yesterday. All I have to say is:
PUT ME IN LINE FOR ANOTHER PAIR !!!

Another point: there's maybe a small mistake. The female XLR screw holes seam to be reversed. If another one can confirm or tell me what connector goes that way. Thanks.

Great!
Glad you like it!!

Yes you're right about the screw holes for the female xlr - nickhepfer already made me aware of it.
Sorry about this!
If you find anything else please let me know, so I can change those things for the second run :)

Those of you who haven't received their chassis yet - I'm shipping them as fast as possible - today another 4 packages will be dispatched - then 8 more to go...

Oh right, i wanted to tell you as well. I think it is a little too small as well. Did the can resistor fit for you?

I would like 2 chassis (I may revise my order to 4 but I will need to think about it for a few more days).  If possible I would like to get the 3 adapter plates for both, in case I want to try different configurations.  How much extra would that cost for all the adapters? 

I finally collected my box today. I agree with everyone that the case looks and feels great. Really good work Martin! I'm sure you've already thought about it, but if the intention is to use those nice thumb screws for fastening the face plate, the holes don't need to be countersunk. Anyway, thanks again for everything!

Unit7 said:
I finally collected my box today. I agree with everyone that the case looks and feels great. Really good work Martin! I'm sure you've already thought about it, but if the intention is to use those nice thumb screws for fastening the face plate, the holes don't need to be countersunk. Anyway, thanks again for everything!

Good Paul!!

The last couple of chassis are being shipped today and tomorrow and I'm really glad everybody is happy with the results so far!!

Yes I thought about the holes being countersunk, but when I first started this group buy, I intended to offer the chassis with regular philips screws in this spot, but then I found those nice thumb screws after the chassis were already in production and I decided to use them instead :)
And also I think it looks quite nice the way it is now when the thumb screws are fastened because they don't come out of the panel as much as they actually would without the holes being countersunk.
And finally - that way  you all can still decide to use philips screws to make it look a little more like the reissue instead of the vintage original hahahahaha! ;D ;D ;D

Just a reminder.  There is a Facebook group available to members of the group buys. So far there is some good information and pictures posted.  This is a closed group, only open to members of the chassis purchases volume 1 and 2.  So far there are 19 qualified members.
I expect a lot of activity once the actual builds get underway. 
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1615927638648181/?ref=browser

If I counted correctly we already have 13 chassis for the 2nd run and 4 more days to go.
Some of those I put on the list said they would probably need more chassis than ordered so far.

It would be great if we reached at least 20 chassis again, to get a cheaper price per unit - so if you think about joining us:

NOW IS THE TIME!!

:)

I'm in. Put me down for 2.  Thanks!

On another note...
Is there some way around the crazy 3 part "verification" when replying to posts such as this. Man that's a pain in the neck. ;-)

Proud to announce that all chassis from the first run have shipped!!  :)

2 more days to go for the second run. We got 15 chassis so far, so it would be great to 5 more chassis together to hit the 20 piece mark in order to bring down the price a little ;)

Gambaholic said:

On another note...
Is there some way around the crazy 3 part "verification" when replying to posts such as this. Man that's a pain in the neck. ;-)
huh? what do you mean?

weiss said:
Gambaholic said:

On another note...
huh? what do you mean?

I think it was because I was so new to the forum.  It hasn't made me jump through the hoops for the last few posts I've made so hopefully that's over with now.  :)

Alright gentlemen,

Tomorrow night at 9pm I will close the 2nd run of the feeler thread.
At the moment we have 15 chassis, so we're 5 short of 20.

So this is the last call for those of youth thinking about joining the group!
If we could get5 more chassis together - each chassis would be a little cheaper...  ;)

You might want to keep it open a few more days.  In the USA there is a big holiday that often is four days long Thursday-Sunday.  There are lots of distractions, family gatherings etcetera.

Quayhog said:
You might want to keep it open a few more days.  In the USA there is a big holiday that often is four days long Thursday-Sunday.  There are lots of distractions, family gatherings etcetera.

+1

Latest posts

Back