Neve 1855 modules with LO1366 transformers - Rebuild, re-use or sell as parts?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davemoog

Not sure if this post belongs in this forum but this seems the closest.....

Rebuild, re-use or sell as parts? I can find no information or schematics on modules these except for a bit of info on the transformer

I purchased 3 very old Neve germanium modules (1855) They seem to be for monitoring and effects send. As purchased there seem to be parts missing perhaps a transformer. The transformer(s) that is there is a LO1366 which is a 600:600 transformer which seems very rare, but perhaps could be replaced with a new Carnhill. The units have beautiful switches and pots so this is one possibility.

Another would be to strip for parts and re-use the components - one suggestion has be to build a Pultec style EQ which I think would make good use of the transformers, another suggestion was to make a small passive mix buss. Any other ideas?

Another idea would be to sell parts off, but who would want?  This is a general question - not a specific request for buyers.

Attachments

• neve1855-3.jpg
    neve1855-3.jpg
    313.5 KB · Views: 80
Hello,
do you still have these modules?

What cards do the modules use?
Do you see any letter and number on the pcb? B100, B101 or B104?

Depending on the cards used maybe it would not be that hard to rebuild it as a mic pre.

Back