• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: 1st version Analog Allstars EQP-1S5 kit

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emrr

Anyone have one still laying around they want to part with?  I wouldn't mind having #2 match #1. 

Shoot Niels an email.. we might have something left over, I'm not sure. 

FWIW, electrically they are exactly the same, the changes between rev1 and rev2 were mainly to make assembly easier: for example, transformers and inductor had Molex connectors on them, there are pressed nuts in the metalwork to secure the PCBs (no more putting screws through the bottom), things like that.  Also as far as aesthetics (when out of the rack), the FMJ will also fit the older ones. 

okgb said:
Hey Mitsos , are the full jackets  retro fit-able ?

Sure.  The mounting holes are the same between the Rev1 and Rev2 PCBs.  I thought we mentioned this when we were working on it, in case people wanted to trade their metal work, we figured there would be some minimal cost for it (I don't remember what that was atm) but the metal is much higher quality. 

In the end, I think there was only one guy who swapped the metal on his pair of EQs, and he had no trouble with it. 

So, Doug that's another option if you want to go that route.  It looks like there are some Rev1 parts though, I'm just waiting to touch base with Niels to make sure.  I'll email you as soon as I talk to him!

cheers!

Latest posts

Back