Custom INDUCTORS for different projects

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prescott

Hi!

I'd like to offer custom inductors for different projects to forum members. The prototypes have 1% tolerance!
At first I will make the 2 kinds that will fit Ian's Poor Man EQP1 Mark 2+Mid!
The two prototypes are on the way to Ian for final testing, so I need his word to let them go:)

IMG_1215%201_zpsjgb6pgvd.jpg

Please use the following names upon ordering:

EQP HIGH
EQP MID

Price will be 10GBP+shipping

In the PMEQP1+mid M2 topic people have shown great interest in these, so I think I will make a groupbuy run for the first batch.

Please let me know how much you need and I will update this first post.

Name                    High            Mid          Total          Paid            Shipped

Humner                  4                  4                  8                YES            YES
ho-fi                          8                  8                  16              YES            YES
anjing                      2                  2                  4                YES
shot                          2                  2                  4                YES
Paradigm X          2                  2                  4                YES
r soderstrom        4                  4                  8                YES
mastertaenia      2                  2                  4                YES
ilfungo                      2                  2                  4                YES
Winetree                2                  2                  4                YES
mus1k_freak        2                  2                  4                YES

Payments to this paypal:[email protected]
Please request a total (with shipping) from me via this e-mail:[email protected]

Regards
Peter

The plan is:

I collect the orders in 2 weeks, then I collect the payments, and finally I order all the inductors and ship to everybody.
This is the only way I can do this, because it was much bigger interest in the topic on this than I excepted.

With this plan it will take about 3-4 weeks to the inductors to arrive to everybody.

Later I will order them into stock to shorten shipping times.

Hi Prescott,
  I will take 
2x EQP HIGH
2x EQP MID
for now, with shipping to canada.

Regards,

Pierre

Hi there

Assuming you need one of each type per pcb (just going to check), ill take two of each please!

Thanks, regards
Ben

man i have just tried this verification image about 30 times, jeebus.

OK, as I see we have a nice amount, and there are no more request.
So we will wait for Ian's oppinion (the inductors have to arrive in 1-2 days to him), and I will collect the money.
Then I will tell the shipping prices.
When I have the money I order them and post them!

After this groupbuy I plan to make 4 more kinds for NEVE eqs, but first let's make this first run!

Peter

So, what values are these inductors? I am looking for inductors for a clone of the Moog 914 fixed filter bank I am building.

EQP HIGH: (from coil start to coil end) 100mH-200mH-300mH-600mH-1H
EQP MID: (from coil start to coil end) 100mH-160mH-220mH-450mH-1H-2H

Peter

I received the prototype inductors for the PMEQP1A MK2 in the post this morning form Hungary. So far I have checked that they fit properly into the PCB and measured the static inductance of each winding. At 1kHz they are very accurate. There is a small rise at 100Hz but that is not unusual and the value is still within 1% of the nominal values. The results of the tests are here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1j1d57fxq2wqhib/HungarianVTB9042-9050tests.pdf?dl=0

Next I will try to remove the inductors from the prototype PCB and replace them with the Hungarian ones and check the frequency responses.

Looking good so far.

Cheers

Ian

I have just finished testing the two prototype inductors. I was going to put them on the prototype PCB but I could not get the Carnhill ones off that board without damaging it. So instead I built a new PCB from scratch and tested it.

The hi boost worked first time exactly as expected. However, the mid boost/cut behaved very strangely. The first two switch positions did nothing and the others produced a weird shelving response. To cut a long story short, after a lot of PCB track and inductor winding resistance measuring I could find nothing wrong with either, After a cup of tea I tried again and this time I discovered that the winding that should have been connected to pin H was connected to pin G which is connected to 0V.  I fixed this  and re-tested. I am pleased to say the mid boost/cut then worked as expected.

Peter is aware of this error and I am sure he will make sure this is not repeated. I am therefore happy to say I approve these inductors for use with the new PMEQP1A MK2 PCB.

Cheers

Ian

Thanks Ian for the test!

So the inductors passed the test and perform very well.
(for the inductors I will send to everybody I will measure all of them not to make any mistakes)

I will write to each of you guys in private about the shipping prices and the total.
I'd like to collect the money the upcoming week, so I can order the inductors, glue them and post to you all.
I will update the first post after each payment.

Peter

I sent the total to everybody, please let me know when the payment is completed, and I will update the status in the first post.
We will wait all the payments and then I order the inductors:)

Regards!

Peter

Latest posts

Back