Power Transformers to suit Bernbrue's STA-Level PCB's Feeler / Forum input

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kid Squid

Hi All,
Just a feeler on Power transformers to suit Bernbrue's STA-Level PCB's -
I'm getting Avel to do a run of Fully encapsulated and potted mains transformers in the style of this -

Multi tapped primaries, interwinding screens and built to NATO spec.

Any interest ?

Best,
Steve

also interested !
to be clear: are the transformers  included ? where do you get them ?
Or just the cases ?

thanks,
Andreas

Chaps,
Been to see my transformer guy this afternoon, and things are good. I should have a unit back within the next week with prices.
The only difference to the pic i posted is that the grey hammered finish cans are no longer available - the steel cans are now a black finish.

Specs are as follows

Dual Primaries - 100,110,115,120V
Electrostatic screen
Sec 1 - 300v @ 250mA
Sec 2 - 9V @ 4A
Sec 3 - 5V @ 1A

Potted into Steel can 1.5mm, 4x M4 fixings, and leads exiting out of fixing face.

Best,
Steve

Hi Chaps,
I've got a lead time of two weeks on these beauts, I've tried to get the price down as much as possible, but the lowest I can get them made for is £90 each. A bit more expensive than the normal un-canned type, but more than worth it.
Sorry if I havent been back in touch sooner, but work is full on at the moment. However, I am going ahead with this style so, if any of you chaps want in, let me know !

Best,
Steve

Hi Chaps,

Sorry for the delay - I've been covering 12 hour shifts at work the last six weeks. 72+ hours a week !!
I'll be putting a list up the next few days for the first order, so no worries, I'm on the case.

Best,
Steve

I'm in for one, maybe two depending on cost of the cases.

I'll update both posts once a list is created.

I'm in for Two Please! :)

Thanks
Neil

Back