Chameleon labs 7602 "NEVE"carnhill mod questions.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madsimilius

I got two new chameleon labs 7602 mk2s realy cheap and i've started moding them.
The output transformers fit right in and was easy, but i'm having trouble with the line and mic input transformers.
(I think the gap pre73 is very similiar)
On the carnhill          pin 6 and 11 are ground, and the pins are from 2-11 .
On the chinese pcb pin 5 and 10 are ground, and the pins are from 1-10.
So i'm wondering if i can wire pin 2 from carhill to pcb hole 1 and from pin 3 to pcb hole 2 and so on ?
Another thing.  do i keep the cap and resistor on the pcb?
In the picture the Carnhill vtb9045 is to the left and th chinese that is beeing replaced is on the right of the pcb.

Attachments

• bilde.JPG
    bilde.JPG
    864.4 KB · Views: 78
I've got a pair also and was looking into the same thing.
Yea, looks like the carnhill can't be surface mounted with the 5 pins and 4 holes on each side.
On the web I saw wiring directly to the main P.S.B., but couldn't figure out the wiring.
I know this doesn't answer you question.

Do you have a link to the web side with the info you found? or was it just a picture ? i've seen several different pictures, but no real info.
I'm thinking of soldering  wires from the carnhill pins to the pcb holes, i just don't know which goes where :p
The Carnhill pins are numbered 2-11 with 6 and 11 as ground.
The pcb is numbered 1-10 with 5 and 10 as ground.
If i where to guess i'd say i could wire like this: pin2 - pcb1, pin3-pcb2,  pin4-pcb3,  pin5-pcb4,  pin6-pcb5, pin7-pcb6, pin8-pcb7, pin9-pcb8, pin10-pcb9 and pin11-pcb10.
But this is just guessing and i don't want to experiment without knowing.

Since i can't find any info and i'm pretty sure about my which pin goes where theory i think i'm going to give it a go.

But i still wonder if the capacitor and resistor is suposed to be there.  If not , what happens?  is it possible for me to try with or without to see what sounds best? or could i end up destroying some components? 

I figured it out after starting to search for GAP pre-73 modification instead of Chameleon Labs 7602.
The GAP pre-73 uses the same Chinese transformers so i just wired the same way as they did.
I added a picture for other people who need to know the same things as i needed.

Attachments

• carnhill.jpg
    carnhill.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 39
Yes the numbers on the picture are numbers the guy with the pre-73 added.
Just wire the same way looking at theChameleon Labs pcb the same way as in my upper picture.

Back