Donald trump. what is your take on him?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JohnRoberts said:
The opposition have gone to the dirty tricks, digging up some sensational mud from one of his divorces.
...which -like so many other things this season- they expect will torpedo him.

And yet to confound expectations, his popularity will probably get a short boost.

Prepostrich.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/donald-trump-2016-sarah-palin-cabinet-post-120747.html

The innuendo possibility of the title is no accident, I'm sure.

I think he'd like her not so much for a running mate as a mating run.

Oh, meant to add:

These two would be a disaster for America, not so much for any specific policies, but because they BOTH eat pizza with a knife and fork:

o-TRUMP-PALIN-PIZZA-570.jpg

JohnRoberts said:
He screws up everything he touches.

I don't feel sorry for him. I wish him only ill will. I was just pointing out that despite his proclamations he's a loser. Every time he gets into trouble he cries like a baby.

Gold said:
JohnRoberts said:
He screws up everything he touches.

I don't feel sorry for him. I wish him only ill will. I was just pointing out that despite his proclamations he's a loser. Every time he gets into trouble he cries like a baby.

Just for clarity you appear to have inadvertently altered the quotes.. I did not say that "he screws up everything he touches", in fact you did.

He has amassed something like a $1B net worth and is holding his own against a confrontational media, so he is not exactly a loser... nor is he a serious presidential contender IMO.

JR 

JohnRoberts said:
He has amassed something like a $1B net worth and is holding his own against a confrontational media, so he is not exactly a loser... nor is he a serious presidential contender IMO.

It says 1B on his financial disclosure forms? I bet his fathers real estate holdings are a very large chunk of that. He owns practically nothing that has his name on it. The media is treating him with kid gloves because they don't know what to make of him. Any investigation into his business practices would reveal how much of a scumbag he is. Mitt Romney looks like a saint next to him.

Gold said:
JohnRoberts said:

It says 1B on his financial disclosure forms? I bet his fathers real estate holdings are a very large chunk of that. He owns practically nothing that has his name on it. The media is treating him with kid gloves because they don't know what to make of him. Any investigation into his business practices would reveal how much of a scumbag he is. Mitt Romney looks like a saint next to him.
If you have some personal experience with him by all means share.  :eek:

Yes Mitt Romney was a very highly qualified candidate who would have made a great president. I feared his Mormon background would make him seem weird to unsophisticated voters, but i suspect he lost because of class warfare (he is wealthy) and a better ground game from the democrats.

I hope this time will be different but so far its shaping up as a replay of several recent past elections (Bush V. Clinton).

JR

PS: It seems that political discussions invite virulent ad hominum. I do not personally dislike all the many candidates I would never  vote for. I just prefer that they lose the election. 

"Yes Mitt Romney was a very highly qualified candidate who would have made a great president. I feared his Mormon background would make him seem weird to unsophisticated voters, but i suspect he lost because of class warfare (he is wealthy) and a better ground game from the democrats."

Instead we got a Muslim. Let's give 1 billion more of our tax dollars to his homeland. 

Winetree said:
"Yes Mitt Romney was a very highly qualified candidate who would have made a great president. I feared his Mormon background would make him seem weird to unsophisticated voters, but i suspect he lost because of class warfare (he is wealthy) and a better ground game from the democrats."

Instead we got a Muslim. Let's give 1 billion more of our tax dollars to his homeland.

I dislike Obama, but There has never been proof beyond reasonable doubt that he is one.  A lot of it is at best hearsay and speculation.  I can also see were a lot of the gaffs he has done over the years one would give a person  that impression. The continual lack of using  the act of terrorism words.  He does like to play from the farther left playbook and does like to give away lots of money.  Can't wait for him to go.  about the only thing worse at this point would be if hilliary won...

JohnRoberts said:
Yes Mitt Romney was a very highly qualified candidate who would have made a great president. I feared his Mormon background would make him seem weird to unsophisticated voters, but i suspect he lost because of class warfare (he is wealthy) and a better ground game from the democrats.

Highly qualified in the fundraising department. Sophisticated voters find the proposterous believes of the cult that is Mormonism especially cringeworthy. There's a good South Park episode listing and lampooning them.  ;D

Winetree said:
Even if Obama were muslim, so what? While apparently he isn't. Islam is not our enemy, it's religious extremists of any flavor.

Generosity in Africa is not unique to this administration  and they can use the help.

My criticism of Obama is related to his far left progressive agenda, complete cluster f#$k of foreign relations, mismanagement of the economy (weak GDP growth), and complete lack of respect for the constitution. 

Other than that he is a good public speaker.  8)

JR

living sounds said:
JohnRoberts said:

Highly qualified in the fundraising department. Sophisticated voters find the proposterous believes of the cult that is Mormonism especially cringeworthy. There's a good South Park episode listing and lampooning them.  ;D

Then there's the whole "baptizing the Jewish Holocaust victims into the Mormon Church" thing. What in fuck were those idiots thinking?

-a

MicDaddy said:
surely you jest... I mean, you must be f*ng kidding me right?

I do not jest. The bully has them cowering. As soon as he gets a teeny little sting he will fold. All anyone has to do is assemble the public record and he's done.

pucho812 said:
Winetree said:

I dislike Obama, but There has never been proof beyond reasonable doubt that he is one.  A lot of it is at best hearsay and speculation.  I can also see were a lot of the gaffs he has done over the years one would give a person  that impression. The continual lack of using  the act of terrorism words.  He does like to play from the farther left playbook and does like to give away lots of money.  Can't wait for him to go.  about the only thing worse at this point would be if hilliary won...

Suppose he is so what? Might be a "refreshing change"!

Gold said:
MicDaddy said:
surely you jest... I mean, you must be f*ng kidding me right?
assemble the public record and he's done.

I see a collective assault on a man who slings it back with no hesitation and the collective rebuttal is nil.

Assemble the public record on any number of these candidates.

What happened in Benghazi?  Something about how after the Tomahawks were launched,  death brought to Gaddafi, an embassy was stormed and an Ambassador was killed.  All over what??  What was it, a youtube video right??  ::)

Let's talk more about Trump's ex wife's statements....

Art as persuasion/propaganda runs thick in the media. 

***This guy is poisonous to the USA***

Andy Peters said:
Winetree said:

If he's a Muslim, then please explain the mishegas about Rev. Wright.

-a

The mishegas about Rev Wright was that a presidential candidate sat in Wright's "church", weekly? monthly? no one really knows,  while a Christian pastor spewed the hate weekly? monthly? no one really knows.  Married and children baptized by him as well.  Because so many agreed with the hate it was a non-issue on broadcast, but the Rev was swept away from the cameras/mics anyway.  He sat there because it furthered his agenda, nothing more.

44 is neither a Christian nor a Moslem.  He only believes in himself as a higher being, and undeniably promotes a pro-Moslem agenda. 

Speaking of believing in oneself as a higher being, Trump is as phony as an Iranian agreement to a treaty.  I forget who told me to never trust people with white "tanning salon eyes", but the advice has been accurate over four decades so far.  I expect some kind of weird Perot-ian flame-out.

Mike

I expect the anti-Trump rhetoric to increase this week. The scrum of too many candidates need desperately to grab some spot light and with Trump leading in the polls the obvious way is to attack him.

We have too many good candidates and the joker in the pack leading does not help. But it does reflect the contempt that american voters feel for typical politicians. Trump's strength is that could never be confused for a politician. For better and worse.  8)

JR 

Back